PP 5w30 7691 03 Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks good to me.

tahoereport.png

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
Another good PP report

Yep. You almost had single digit wear numbers. But I'd say there is at least +/- 3 ppm standard deviation so I won't complain at all.
thumbsup2.gif

what kind of use and driving conditions was the oil subject to ? highway ? stop and go ? towing ? easy or tough driving ?
any particular weather conditions like too hot or too cold ?

I am noticing these days that people dont bother to post this information and readers dont bother to ask. Just like car and engine information, this information should be made mandatory too when posting UOAs, otherwise it doesn't quite say anything about the capabilities of the oil.

Quote:
I am noticing these days that people dont bother to post this information and readers dont bother to ask. Just like car and engine information, this information should be made mandatory too when posting UOAs, otherwise it doesn't quite say anything about the capabilities of the oil.

TBN would have been nice ..but we can figure that the capabilities were fully used when GM's safety factors built into the OLM were taken into account. Visc is decent ..flash point acceptable ..etc..etc. The data wouldn't really apply to any other chassis anyway. The OLM is specific to the engine.

I'd say that he's probably someone that would have done a 3k/3m without an OLM installed. The fact that he went to the old 7500 mile mark with the OLM @ 0% for a bit shows that he would been on the fringe of qualifying for it without its guidance. He might have done 5k if it fell into a convenient time frame.

This is one of if not the best GM V8 UOA I have seen. What really suprised me was the low copper reading! This oil and application seem to be working great for you I would not change a thing!

Originally Posted By: youdontwannaknow
what kind of use and driving conditions was the oil subject to ? highway ? stop and go ? towing ? easy or tough driving ?
any particular weather conditions like too hot or too cold ?

Actually if you look at the time frame late spring to late fall. General use and several long highway trips.

I disagree it says alot about the oil but my opinion.

I will say this. I post this up for others to see and the implication it is my responsibility to give you a 30 page synopsis on the vehicle is baloney. I could just keep it to myself. Unless the staff deems it required then it isn't a problem. If however they were to decide that is the case then I wouldn't bothered.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:

TBN would have been nice ..but we can figure that the capabilities were fully used when GM's safety factors built into the OLM were taken into account. Visc is decent ..flash point acceptable ..etc..etc. The data wouldn't really apply to any other chassis anyway. The OLM is specific to the engine.

I'd say that he's probably someone that would have done a 3k/3m without an OLM installed. The fact that he went to the old 7500 mile mark with the OLM @ 0% for a bit shows that he would been on the fringe of qualifying for it without its guidance. He might have done 5k if it fell into a convenient time frame.

You have no idea and frankly it is this type of pinhead ASSumptions that make it a chore to be bothered in the future. All the internet experts are here and I won't be bothered next time.

What? I missed something. But other than that thanks for posting. I have an 03 Yukon with the same engine and went 8100 miles on synpower and it was also about 2 weeks at 0%. I have a sample that I am just waiting to send off. But I did miss something, I know Gary Allen was not trying to insult you if thats the way you took it?

BuzzCut - You can do whatever you want of course. My personal guidance is that an oil report is fairly useless without the background of the driving habits. Someone could take the car out once a week for a 150 mile round trip drive. They accumulate 7500 miles a year.

Without context, that could be someone doing severe duty in new york city or a sunday driver for grand-ma. Or a track-car that saw 500 miles on the track.

I speak in extremes to show my point: some basic info is, in my book, essential to even a basic interpretation. Without it, the UOA is meaningless.

One of my questions about this oil report: How big is the sump?

Regardless, it's definitely a fine PP report.

Originally Posted By: BuzzCut
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:

You have no idea and frankly it is this type of pinhead ASSumptions that make it a chore to be bothered in the future. All the internet experts are here and I won't be bothered next time.

Well, sir ...enhance you calm and ..be well. Best wishes and good luck!

..but just to clarify ..

To have the OLM have you reach 7500 ..@ 0% ..it would require the insight of the OLM to define the service to that fine a degree. Without it, you probably would have fallen into the severe service of 3m/3k (or whatever 3750).

The engineers don't figure 7500 on a dime. It's a range of service. So to drop the bomb exactly on target ..would be a freaking MIRACLE for a human ..unless you can USB yourself to the PCM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back