1996 Town Car 136,606 miles - Unknown Oil - Unknown mileage

@Artem @fantastic

I haven't seen conventional oil on the shelves at WM in years. The cheapest oils there are Supertech and Quaker State. Typically around $19 for a 5qt jug. And typically full synthetic or synthetic blend. So why go out of your way to find conventional that may only be 20 cents per qt cheaper when you can just buy a cheap full synthetic for a short flush? I guess I just don't get how conventional even enters this conversation.
Good point... Your referring to availability & that is another thing to consider. My statement is more along the lines of cost so "Cheap Oil" rather than "conventional vs synthetic". But to your point conventional oil has been around for a long time but it appears its days are number as you show.

$18.98 SuperTech HM 5w-30 Full Synthetic

Does your air filter fit nice and square in the housing? I know those filter boxes on these cars like to warp and unfiltered air will escape past the filter. My '07 Grand Marquis had that problem, a little bit. I went to an aftermarket filter with a thicker seal and it's fine now. Box is still warped, but it doesn't matter now.

Does your air filter fit nice and square in the housing? I know those filter boxes on these cars like to warp and unfiltered air will escape past the filter. My '07 Grand Marquis had that problem, a little bit. I went to an aftermarket filter with a thicker seal and it's fine now. Box is still warped, but it doesn't matter now.
This one fits nice and tight with the Ford one I put on there, little more snug than what was on it.

When I do my oil change tonight is it worth sending back into Blackstone or can I just wait until after I am done with this next short run

Glad we have a plan.
I hear there are other fluids, shocks, window regulator hardware, air conditioning....
AC fixed with new head unit replacement
Yeah, the left rear window needs fixed but no one rides back there anyways. Yet
Air ride delete was done with monroe shocks but they blow and I want to put Bilstein on soon
Other fluids on the list soon

Fuel filter....27 years?.....if the lines and disconnects look like they'll break....if the filter looks like it's rusting through.....NAPA sells a repair kit with new connectors on 18" runs of line and includes hardware.

I read they prefer old style wiper blades, not beam style.

Someone kept up on this thing. The fuel filter looks to have been done recently. Same with the alternator and other bits. Just probably ran the oil til kingtom come. I just drained it and it already looks black as **** at 500 miles already. NAPA synthetic was on sale so that's what it got along with another Motorcraft oil filter

Just probably ran the oil til kingtom come. I just drained it and it already looks black as **** at 500 miles already.
Keep in mind the TBN was still decent at 2.4, so it wasn't *that* spent. Perhaps they just topped it off for a really long time and the top-off oil was enough to keep the TBN above sea level. Too bad Blackstone doesn't test oxidation. That would've given another perspective on oil life.

Back