Post your successful/unsuccessful mixology experiments.

My latest mixology of leftovers yielded and interesting and a slightly unexpected result. I have used MMO with great results: - usually stick to 4oz/10gal rate, as higher dosage sometimes decreases fuel economy or causes sluggish acceleration. I have also used Berryman B12 for preventive maintenance, but in the past it definitely helped with bringing a few engines (and even transmissions) back to life.
Here is the reason for this thread though: I had a 7/8 full bottle of MMO and a full can of B12 in the trunk. Curiosity got the best of me, so I mixed the two and poured it in my gas tank before filling up with 14 gallons of 89. (I got reasons to use 89, even though the car can run on 87. Simply put: A LOT less downshifting is required to conquer the uphills in my daily commute.) I knew that B12 is a good cleaner and MMO is a good cleaner and lubricant, so mixed and poured both in without a second thought.
RESULTS: There is definitely a bit more pep, which has never happened when either of the additives was used on it's own in this vehicle. But the mix of two somehow acted as go-juice. Don't know how, so if you got any ideas/theories - please share. It is very noticeable throughout this tank of gas. I'm nearly empty and dying to see if performance stays or disappears once the tank gets nothing but full capacity of 89 tomorrow. Also the engine RPMs don't vibrate the car at idle as much. Overall pretty impressed and honestly surprised with the results for less than $7 in additives.

Vehicle is a 2000 Honda CR-V, 2.0L, 5-speed manual, and AWD. It came with 146hp at crank from factory, Many dynos of similarly equipped vehicles show 110-120whp with stock tire size. I got upsized A/T tires and a small 1.5" leveling kit installed from HRG Engineering, So every horsepower gained or lost is VEEEERY noticeable. How noticeable? Well turning the A/C off is comparable to a 25 NOS shot :p

Anyone else had any success with the interesting additive experiments? Now is your time to shine. It is an additive sub-forum after-all.
I have luck with mixing dioctyl sebacate, 2-ethylhexanol and 2-ethylhexanyl nitrate.
Dioctyl sebacate is ester which lubricates all diesel fuel system. Amount close to 1000 ppm (0.1%) in fuel, works great. Increasing fuel lubricity significantly:

2-ethyhexanol is solvent for given ester.
2-ethylhexanyl nitrate is cetane booster in compression engines. I aim 300 ppm (0.03%) in fuel tank.

Normally I use dosage bottle to add correct amount of mix to amount of fresh fuel in the tank. Corrections on fuel injectors stay low, at similar level. HPFP is quiter when compared to same fresh fuel without additive.

It is all cheap, available and works.
In honour of all you 'Petrol Mixologists' I've decided to try me shot at UP&R L&C boost. I cannot reveal the products of use nor the split or final ratio. However, after only a few hundred miles, making one adjustment to final ratio, I can report an engine that starts as quickly as before and MPG readings that change dependent on 93 E10, 93 E-free or a mix of the twain, that at the most shows 4 MPG differential, with or without additional lubricant in the tank

Even though I envisioned a potential increase in performance I still possess a warm fuzzy sensation with hint of mystery as I pour the secret elixir of motoring; prefill. Should take a while to work me way through five liters.

Perhaps after this venture draws unto fruition I'll be bestowed upon with an honourary BITOG, Doctorate of Mixology. Elevating me status amongst lubricity peers and, dare I dream, offered apprenticeship in the Alchemists Guild.

I do not doubt some have found a repeatable increase.

I seriously doubt that is a primary result of strictly increased lubrication qualities.

Many times I've read testimonials that relate to used lawn equipment. Weed eater, leaf blower or basic 4 cycle push mower that can be purchased for $100.

I've yet to see any that involved similar equipment, bought brand new and run the proper amount of suggested hours for break-in with recommended ratio, 2 cycle, and then have the 'treatment' applied.

I think I know why.
Last edited:
Occasionally if we found a gallon of Toluene leaking or damaged at Sherwin Williams we would expense it out and throw in delivery truck. Added about a gallon to the F250 and it soared on the freeway. I think its kinda hard on emission parts at higher concentration.