Post your new battery purchase.

1998 Ford Ranger
out - Duralast regular, made by Clarios in 2018. Mexican.
in - Duralast Gold, owner supplied. Made in Korea, looks like a Hankook Atlas battery. Not a Hyundai Songwoo or Clarios Korea(Delkor) like the Everstart ones.

Had to replace the Everstart Maxx 24F battery in my Daughters Scion xB.
We bought in December of '19, and was one with the 3 year free/5 year Pro Rata.
Daughter said her car has been cranking a little slow the last few weeks, and yesterday morning it barely started.
I ran up to her work and checked, battery sitting at 12.21v. Started it, voltage 13.9, so alternator is working.
Pulled it out and ran to the nearest Walmart, grabbed another 24F (pro rata knocked $25 off the replacement price).
Did not realize the Maxx had gone up so much. Was $139 before discount.

Funny thing is, there were 3 people in front of me and 1 behind, all getting replacement batteries.
Guess the little cool snap we had (was not that cold) showed how weak batteries had gotten.

Last time I bought a battery was way back in 2016, it's still working well. A walmart Everstart Maxx.

1697027503418.jpg
"Post your new battery purchase"
I bought this but could not make it fit my car. :D

Had to get a new one for the CRV as the kids ran the factory one down and it wouldn’t keep a charge. Got 4.5 years out of it though.

Got a new Duracell from Sam’s Club.

Well I am posting in this thread way to soon again.

Had to get a replacement group 24 for my son's Scion tC.
His had a Toyota branded battery from 7/2019. It had a 4 year warranty on it, so just missed that.
It went out with no warning. He went to work yesterday morning and he said it started fine, when he went to come home, it was dead, just clicking.
I thought maybe it was the connections, so went and cleaned them up and made sure it was tight. Battery was showing 12.6v, so thought that was it. Went to start and it turned over once then just clicked. Battery was showing 11.2v.
Put it on the charger, within 5 minutes it was saying it was charged. Put it back and same thing.
So good enough to take a charge and show good voltage, but not able to deliver enough to start

Ran up to Walmart and grabbed an Everstart Maxx (for some reason the group 24 is $10 more than most other batteries). It has a sticker from last month (they all did, not a lot of selection on group 24, only the Maxx was available, would have gotten the Value if they had it).
It was at 12.65v, so sitting on the charger right now before installation.

Way my luck is going, my truck will die very soon. It is another Everstart Maxx and is right at 5 years old.
Luckily my wife's Santa Fe has a 1 year old battery in it, as does my motorcycle (and the bike is kept on a trickle charge when not in use).

Duracell-branded battery from Sam’s for my 1992 John Deere 240 (14 hp Kawasaki). It replaces an EverStart battery from early 2019. $42.88 plus tax
IMG_5642.jpeg

Back