post your latest transmission lubricant change.

On those transmissions, gotta change the fluid every 10-15K to keep the shudder away.

3.5 qt is probably a bit low though. Might want to recheck the level after a test drive. Every 6AT i've done has taken 3.8-4.2 qt.
Thanks for the heads up (y)

I measured what came out and put back in the amount I drained.

It may need a half quart .

Thanks for the heads up (y)

I measured what came out and put back in the amount I drained.

It may need a half quart .
They're sometimes a little low from the factory. If drained on a level surface (not jack stands), I've found that 4 quarts will put the level somewhere between midway and full when checked within 60 seconds of a hot shutdown.

Topside trans fluid extraction and 5 quarts of Delco Dex VI fluid. 2nd of two exchanges in 67k miles. Not bending my exhaust to change a trans screen. GMC Sierra.

88 E-150 4.9L M5OD transmission 80 K miles on fluid, changed as part of a clutch job.
Out: Mobil 1 ATF.
In: Delvac1 ATF.

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L
138,134 miles
approx 12 mo/15k miles OCI
Single drain/fill approx 3.5 qts

Out: Maxlife
In: Lucas LV

20220626_192516.jpg

Did a customers 2016 Sonata with Pennzoil Platinum LV multi vehicle, smells, looks, and shifts suspiciously like Valvoline Maxlife. Spilled most of it on the floor thanks to the fill hole also being the vent hole. Oh well, at least Hyundai actually provides a drain plug and fill plug.

Did a customers 2016 Sonata with Pennzoil Platinum LV multi vehicle, smells, looks, and shifts suspiciously like Valvoline Maxlife. Spilled most of it on the floor thanks to the fill hole also being the vent hole. Oh well, at least Hyundai actually provides a drain plug and fill plug.
From what I read, if you disconnect the ATF cooler line, it will allow air to displace and fill much more smoothly. Takes an extra step but might save time overall.

Second D/F on the Edge with Amsoil. First one at just over 20k and the second at 42k. I figure I have 75% Amsoil in there now. Fluid was dark and you could still see through it a little. Shifting did improve.

Second D/F on the Edge with Amsoil. First one at just over 20k and the second at 42k. I figure I have 75% Amsoil in there now. Fluid was dark and you could still see through it a little. Shifting did improve.
Isn't the AMSOIL ATF pretty dark red new? I seem to recall that from my previous MB diesels and Chevy. Not using it in the current cars because got a sweet deal on Fuchs and Valvoline.
i used to buy the AMSOL in 2.5 gallon jugs.

The wife's 2011 RX350, 166084 miles. 3 spill n' fills over the last week. Out Toyota WS (I assume), In Idemitsu TLS-LV . Total 7 quarts.
166,400 miles. Did transfer case this morning, rear diff Saturday morning (Eneos 75w-90 GL-5 Gear Oil in both, each took less than a quart), coolant last weekend (Toyota Super Long Life Coolant, about 1.5 gal). I need a new project, done changing fluids for awhile in this one.

2016 Toyota Corolla Strippie, 158K, 1500 mile OCI
Out: WS, Idemitsu, MaxLife mix, 3qts
In: MaxLife 3qts, Lubegard Red, maybe 4 oz

This is the 3rd or 4th service I done over about 7 to 8K. Trans feels good now, fluid looks good.
This Corolla belongs to one of my grand nieces. She's a good kid, a real worker bee; stay outta her way.

4qts Valvoline maxlife
2 quarts regular Valvoline full synthetic dex 6

Into the Silverado. Put a PML pan on the other week for the drain plug. Put 6qts of Maxlife in to replace the pan drop at that point. So it was 50/50 maxlife and I assume OE fluid.

Back