post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2011 Chevy Traverse, drain and fill at 41k miles. Old fluid was a little darker, but not bad (not that color is an indicator). Replaced with Valvoline Dex VI.

2002 Subaru WRX Wagon 4-speed auto @ 150,874 miles

I did a drain and fill (about 4 quarts) with Maxlife ATF.

The fluid came out dark red (but not black). I had done a drain and fill at about 125,000 miles with a new spin-on filter (I wish more transmissions had this!)

At around 90k miles it had a complete flush.

I will have about 500-1,000 miles put on the car, then I will do another drain and fill with a new filter.

I took a sample to send to Blackstone for a UOA

2007 Fusion AWD-Aisin Warner F21 6 speed trans
drained just over 3.5qts of T-IV and refilled with Valvoline MaxLife ATF. Old stuff was brown, new stuff bright red. Last drained and filled just under 12K ago with T-IV and LGR.

2006 GM Express 3500 van 4.8L Dropped and cleaned the pan, cleaned the magnet and replaced filter. This was the filthiest pan and fluid I have ever seen. Added Supertech ATF. This is the first pan drop I have ever done where no fluid came out when removing the pan. Level indicator calls for DEXIII and showing overfilled after only 6L. Wrong indicator installed? Shifting ok...so far.

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
This is the first pan drop I have ever done where no fluid came out when removing the pan. Level indicator calls for DEXIII and showing overfilled after only 6L. Wrong indicator installed? Shifting ok...so far.
shocked2.gif

'94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L (318 CID) Limited 4WD transfer case. RedLine D4 - it's what I had, used all the other ATF in my S10 that eats trans fluid. Was concerned about leakage, seemed to be ok ~1.5qt out ~1.5 qt in. SeaSense pump made it a breeze.

Dropped the pan and swapped the filter.

2007 Ford Focus 4 Speed Automatic
63,000 miles

Out - OEM Motorcraft Mercon V | 7 Quarts
In - Castrol Mercon V | 7 Quarts

Did a drain/fill on the '03 Corolla yesterday.

-3.25qts Amsoil ATF.

Car is at 115K miles, still has original filter. Although I've heard this filter is more of a mesh material. Plan on 2 more drain/fills with Amsoil and dropping the pan/changing the filter on the last drain/fill.

2006 Honda Odyssey
204,000 mi
Original transmission !!

Previous fill: Honda Z1 (van was at dealer for a brake recall, so I let them do the transmission drop/fill while they had it)
New fill: Maxlife ATF; 3 drop/fills over a few week period; added 1 can of lubeguard red on last fill.

After ~20kmi on the Z1 fill, tranny began getting the well documented shudder in the 30-40mph ballpark under very light throttle. After first drop/fill with maxlife, there was a ~90% reduction in shudder episodes. By the time I did the 3rd drop/fill and added the lubeguard red, I am guessing 98% cure of the shudder. When/if the van needs to go back to dealer for another issue, I will inquire about getting the re-flash that moves shift points up by 200rpm or so to supposedly eliminate the shudders.

2011 VW GTI 6sp with 50K miles. 2.5L of Redline MTL. All my MT vehicles (Wrangler, New Beetle and GTI) now run MTL and all shift very smoothly.

Did a line off on a Subaru 4 EAT with Amsoil ATF and OEM filter/screen.
I ran 10 qts (a 2.5 gallon jug) though it. Tranny had no issues but a positive difference is noticeable.

Did the 2nd of 3 drain/fills on the Corolla with Amsoil ATF. Will do the 3rd next weekend. Trans is shifting very well.

Same thing here. Did the 2nd of 3 drain/fills on a 2005 Kia Sedona van with about 150,000 miles. 4 1/2 quarts dropped at a time. Plan on doing 3rd and last next weekend. Super easy job...first time fluid was ever changed in the vehicle. Using Eneos ATF Type SP @ $4.29/qt. from NAPA.

Back