post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2nd drain and fill today after having done the first a few weeks back in my 2013 Camry 4-cyl. with 112K miles. Not sure if it had previously been replaced.

2.2 qts of Maxlife ATF went in, along with 7 oz Lubegard Red.

I'll do one more in another month or two.

New to me 2015 Toyota Sienna FWD 71k
Out: ? Factory fill I suspect
In: 1 qt leftover genuine WS and 2 qts Maxlife Multi-Vehicle

Drained 1.6qt. Refilled 2 qts and did the fill check procedure. Afterward I had a total of 2.2 qts collected (1.6 drain + 0.6 after the first level check procedure). Didn’t like that my total out didn’t equal total in. Pan temp was 126 F since I had been driving (97-114F is spec). Also, during this level check the bubble level wasn’t *perfect* as van was on my garage floor.

I decided to add another 1 qt and jack up the rear 1”. After waiting 2 hours to cool, I re-did the level check at the proper temp and leveling. Added the resulting overflow to the prior collections and I was all square - 3 qts total collected (initial drain + botched check 1 + check 2) to match the 3 qts I added. I adjusted 2 variables so can’t say which was the culprit. I suspect temperature. Maybe both contributed. I know for next time.

1993 Volvo 240 sedan AW70 transmission
Out: Castrol MV Full Syn
In: same
XG16 remote filter replaced, 12 quart cooler line exchange, 30,000 OCI with 2qt drain & fill at 15,000

Originally Posted by dwcopple
Sucked out 1 quart of Mercon V from my Mustang GT with my extractor and replaced it with 1 quart of Carquest Mercon V. I plan on doing 1-2x per month as I am able to find Mercon V in stores. Gonna grab some SuperTech next as WM shows 4 in stock near me.

I did this on a warm (less cold) day in January on our Mazda 5 just to prove I could do it. I know I could do more than one quart, so the next time I do this, I will siphon out as much as I can. This car gets driven quite hard so I intend to stay ahead of any potential fluid degradation. Overall a simple DIY.

I did this again and the amount I could extract was 1-3/4 quarts. It holds just under 9. So, it really isn't more than a spiking job. I used a rigid tube for this and it hit an obstruction. If there is a way to worm a siphon hose down past the obstruction, I guess it could be more effective. Looks like I will need to get under the thing to make it really worthwhile.

2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium
Out: Approx. 3.2 quarts of OEM WS
In: Approx. 3.5 quarts of OEM WS
Brought transmission temperature up to 110-111°F (using Scanguage II) before opening over flow plug, draining excess.

Got the local auto trans shop to do a full flush on the MB 722.6 transmission in my Ssangyong Stavic after 103,000km. I supplied 16 litres of Fuchs 4134 and a Mann filter and gasket. Fuchs 4134 is the easiest approved fluid for me to get hold of here - can't get Shell 134. Valvoline does have its own 236.14 approved fluid but I can't seem to be able to get it, and Maxlife doesn't mention this transmission in Australia. He used all 16 litres (plus a bit of his own fluid). He said the pan was clean and all was well. Did the re-learn. Have to say an already smooth transmission feels slightly smoother.

In another 100,000km I might get it flushed again but try a non-MB approved fluid just to see what will happen.

Changed the fluid in my 17 Golf, went with maxlife atf. Dropped the pan, replaced the filter, cleaned out the pan/magnets etc. I used a cheap adapter from Amazon and a harbor freight fluid transfer pump, worked perfectly.

The first shift of the day pulling on the highway feels a bit firmer and better. Fluid was dark but did not detect any sludge or varnish.

I pumped in 4qt jug, then did the level setting procedure. Plan to do some further drain/fills.

My “other” mom said her Frontier isn’t shifting as well on MaxLife when I did a spill and fill at the 55K mark, so...

2014 Nissan Frontier, I4 2WD, 63K
Out - MaxLife
In - Nissan-Matic S

I was also shocked when I saw the old ML pour out, it was the color of red wine vinegar.

HONDA Fit ( 2nd generation ) : A.T.F. Drain + Fill at 64,794 mis.
Out : H.G. DW-1 ( 32 ,000+ mis. of use )
In : H.G. DW-1 ( 2.7 qts. )
Used a NEW HOLT Fluid Extractor and worked great :D . Click to enlarge. IMG_5290.JPGIMG_5288.JPGIMG_5289.JPG

Last edited:
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid …
… last change to Transmax Multi @ 104k … now @ 130k … add bottle of LG Red

2018 F250
Dropped the factory pan and replaced it with a Dorman pan with a drain plug. Finally !
About 10K later than I was wanting.
Filled with Pennzoil LV

Back