post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Did a drain/fill on the Sedona last week. This is the 3rd drain/fill on this vehicle since I bought it last year in August. The trans is mostly full of Amsoil ATF now and fluid is bright red. It should be good for some time now.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Car in sig, 4 quarts of Red Line D4 in the T56, ~128,500 on the counter.

I might drain 2 qts. and add/mix in 2 qts. of RL MTL for the summer/early fall, or dump it all and go full MTL if I feel insane enough.
wink.gif

How do you like that REDLINE D4 ??? and is it for a HONDA? and IF so what difference can you feel compared to OEM Honda fluid DW-1

I read the PDF from Honda and it says the only differnce from ATF Z-1 and ATF DW-1 is cold weather starting.

However I have been in a few Hondas that had REDLINE D4 and I was shocked how great they shifted and 1 Honda had over 200K miles.

so again what do you notice with REDLINE D4 and where did you buy it from?

Thank you

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
Festiva -
Pulled the drain plug - replaced with 2qts Mercon-1/2 quart MMO- 5 oz of Lubegard Red and a dash of Mercon V.

Aspire -
Pulled out 1 1/4ish quart - replaced with 1 qt. MMO and 5 oz of Lubegard Red

Is is safe to put that much MMO into a tranny?

Well I guess you can add even more.. it says on MMO site

Can MMO be used in automatic transmissions?
Yes, MMO is safe for usage in automatic transmissions. Use no more than 16 ounces of MMO in the automatic transmission.

It's not really a change.

I just finished up my 4L60E rebuild in my '03 Safari and it got a fresh fill of ~11 quarts Valvoline Dex-VI.

2005 Honda Pilot, two drain and refills, 3qt each of VML (love that stuff). Plan to do another at the next oil change, along with a ATF filter replacement. Just found out that the Pilot has a serviceable filter behind the air filter box and battery, parts ordered for this.

cooler line flush 2009 MDX transmission with Canadian version of 3.7L Honda ATF-DW1 (previous 4 drain and fill was with Redline D4). drain and fill rear differentials with Redline D4, previously drain and filled with Amsoil ATF. ATF-Z1 was original fill and spec for the AT and rear differentials on the 2009 MDX. I was using D4 in the AT and Amsoil ATF in differentials before Honda replace Z1 with DW1, spec DPSF for rear differentials.
Drain and fill with 2.7L of Maxlife on TSX, replace OE inline filter. previously was using Maxlife.

both MDX and TSX shift better now, I believe it's the DW1 helping MDX, and filter/new fluid that help TSX. drive feel on D4 is much better than Z1, but then DW1 make it even better. I plan to use DW1 on TSX in future when I finished my last jug of Maxlife purely from economical reason, the price different of Maxlife in Canada is too close to DW1. My D4 stash will be reserved for the MDX differentials.

2002 Volvo V70 w/173,400
Drain & fill.
OUT: 4 qt. not terribly discolored
IN: 1 qt. Toyota T-IV + 2.75 qt. Wolf's Head Super Universal Synthetic + 8 oz. TransGard red = 4.00 qt. total

2005 Grand Prix GXP, 4t65e-hd trans. 6 Qts, Super-tech dex/merc. I change fluid every 10 to 15k so no need for a filter this time. Pumped it out of the dipstick tube with a harbor freight transfer pump. Normal pan drop filter change takes 7.5 qts. I may swap out the other 2 qts in a few weeks. Bought 2 gallons at 11.45 a container. Works out to around $2.89 a qt. Super-tech appears to be Citgo.

2003 Chevy S-10 4 sp. auto 58,000 miles on factory fill.

Drop and clean pan, change filter refill with Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic (red jug).

Instant improvement in transmission function.

WARNING: Transmission linkage bracket interferes with one of the pan bolts, otherwise straightforward service.

2004 Crown Vic LX (76K miles) with near new 2008 CVPI trans (~1K miles)
Junkyard drained it then I had it open to change some stuff and drained near all the fluid out. Took 11.5 quarts of Schaeffers #204SAT.

1993 Volvo 245 78,300 miles

Out: unknown
In: 10 qts Mobil D/M ATF
Method: IPD hose to connect to cooler line and internal pump to transfuse the fluid. Dimple magnetic drain plug added to A/T pan.

'05 Envoy - 78,000 miles

Out: 7 quarts (Derale 7 quart capacity cooling pan with drain plug)
In: 7 quarts Petro-Canada (ACDelco) Dexron-VI with 2 bottles of LGR
Method: drain and refill (every 3,000 miles)

'00 Pajero/Montero - 244,000 miles (original transmission)

Out: 12 quarts through cooler line
In: 7 quarts Petro-Canada (ACDelco) Dexron-VI with 2 bottles of LGR
Method: cooler line flush (every 25,000 miles)

02 Trailblazer LT with 119k. Did a pan drop, changed the tranny filter with a Wix filter, Felpro gasket, and 5 qts of Valvoline Max Life full synthetic.

Greetings
I am new to the site. Could I get some guidance on which ATF Brand of DEX MERC III to use in my 2001 Saturn L300? It has the Ecotech 3.0l motor. I bought this used with 230k miles. It runs well and shifts well. I did the fluid level overflow check and there is an adequate supply now, but the oil is not Red, it is a shade below this, somewhat dirty and darker than a bright red one would see in fresh ATF. I would like to pull the pan, change the filter and flush the ATF system with 10 quarts minimum. I would like to use the best economy oil. Is there any comparative data on ATF brands?

1994 Olds Cutlass Ciera, 97,500 miles.

Out: 50% factory fill, 50% whatever the dealership put in in a 2006 drain/fill/filter service at 43k.

In: about 7 quarts MaxLife Dex/Merc and Wix filter.

Not convinced the filter has a good seat, but I think the pan holds it in in addition to the seat around the filter neck. Definitly was a layer of fine particulate in the pan and on the magnet.

Post this as a new topic in this atf forum, someone will help you, this thread doesn't get many replies, such as the advice you seek...

Originally Posted By: JohnStef
Greetings
I am new to the site. Could I get some guidance on which ATF Brand of DEX MERC III to use in my 2001 Saturn L300? It has the Ecotech 3.0l motor. I bought this used with 230k miles. It runs well and shifts well. I did the fluid level overflow check and there is an adequate supply now, but the oil is not Red, it is a shade below this, somewhat dirty and darker than a bright red one would see in fresh ATF. I would like to pull the pan, change the filter and flush the ATF system with 10 quarts minimum. I would like to use the best economy oil. Is there any comparative data on ATF brands?

2013 Chevy Cruze 6 speed M32 transmission. 21,140 on car and 11,102 on the MTL. Drained the Castrol BOT 303 and put in Amsoil Manual Transmission Lube 75W-90. Will run it for the summer about 20k then drain it and send it out for UOA. The BOT 303 is also going out for UOA.

Back