Post your latest small engine oil change

Out: Royal Purple HMX 5w30

In: Amsoil 0w40
IMG_20210402_190407767.jpg

Changed oil today in my 2012 Craftsman rider with a 21 HP B&S engine. No oil consumption with this OCI.

Out: M1 10-30

In: M1 10-30

Filter: MC FL 910S

Craftsman T3200 42" mower. Did not keep track of hours but 2 seasons on PYB 5w30 and a Fram Extra guard 3600 or 3614. Whichever the larger than stock filter is but not the long can.

In went Co-op DMO 10w30 CK4. Same oil as my 3500 uses.

I left the filter on as she's a big can. The oil was quite dark but not full on black.

I dropped the K46 as well. Drained out the Motomaster 5w50 (Shell made flavor) and inspected the top magnet. Not bad at all. Will probably still rip it open for an inspection and magnet clean. I changed the fluid late 2016, which was black and full of wear metal. This oil came out a little darker than it went in.

John Deere 425 water cooled Kawasaki 20hp engine, out ST 15w40 HDEO
In Delo 30wt HDEO SL rated.
Thought I'd give straight 30 a try and see how it runs. I can't usually tell any difference, but I have no need for multi vis oil as it's only used in spring, summer, fall so 30 should be a good bet.

Rotella T6 15w40 in the gallon container. One type in one container to rule them all (and not a bunch of partials laying around). I wasn't used to the wide-mouth pour spout, so, I basically rust-proofed everything cuz I thought I could aim. It could be used to top off vehicles in an absolute pinch, too.

Honda push mower with gcv160, drained T6 5w40... It seemed thicker than the 15w40 going in for some reason.

John Deere 316 Onan, drained T4 15w40. It wasn't in use the past year+ as I needed to repair the fuel line. When it failed I was just done dealing with things so it wasn't winterized, either. I just used the pusher and got a lot of exercise which was kinda nice... err... necessary.

2006 Craftsman YS4500 rider mower:

Out: Don't recall. Did change it last year though.
In: 32oz of SuperTech Heavy Duty 30w. Didn't forget the MMO. Also replaced the oil filter and air filter.

Thats right, don’t forget the part of the oil change that’s just about 100% opposite the HDEO...

Kawasaki FH541v with 2293 hrs on my Wright Sentar Sport. 1.7 litres of Pennzoil SAE 30 with a Wix filter. The old gal also got new plugs, air filter, fuel filter, blades sharpened, and zerks greased.

My Honda lawn mower will only be getting Castrol Syns

DateOCI #Oil
Honda Oil
4/22/20161German Castrol 0-30
8/18/20162German Castrol 0-30
4/7/20203Belgium Castrol 0-40
4/16/214

2004 JD 737. Kawasaki FH 680 engine 23 hp. Awesome mower!! A great balance of power and speed. Cuts grass really nice.
Out: 2 quarts of unknown weight, dark but not beyond the point of no return
In: 2 quarts M1 15w50 and a Champ oil filter.
This engine works hard and gets pretty warm. It sat for a couple years. Someone did a repower. Glad they installed a Kawi but the job was a little sloppy. The mower is in good shape for it's vintage. I'm going through it to get it back in service. Grease needed everywhere, new tires ordered, a little wire harness repair, new seat. The hydros were maintained. Will adjust valves and add an oil cooler. I just might keep it!!

Jd 110
Spark plug, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, removed deck to clean and grease. Sharpen the blades also. 1 year on oil and 2 years on filter. 152 hours on equipment.

Lawn mower
Oil change, spark plug. 1 year

Changed spark plug on the TB22 weedeater Orginial 4 years

Changed oil in new Troy-Bilt tiller
All oil changes were done with Valvoline Advance Synthetic 5w30

Last edited:
Back