Post your latest small engine oil change

Helped a friend setup a Chonda generator, a HF Predator 3000, loosely based off the Honda EU3000iS.
In - STP “synthetic blend” API SJ “Small Engine” 10W-30

Advised my friend I’ll do a 1 hour oil change and we’ll use up the STP before switching over to Rotella T5 10W-30 or similar.

Changed the oil in the rider.
Out: 1.5 qt Valvoline full syn high mileage 10w-30
In: The same
This the last of this I have of this. It is now 13 years old . The 11hp B&S thumper and the Chonda love it. Purrrrrrrrrrr

1681347179455.png

The 2019 Craftsman M210 I sold to my neigbor last year, w/ 140CC Briggs OHV (the engine cover/starter is a replacement)
Out: Rotella T6 0W-40
In: Carquest FS 10W30
Neighbor put bad gas in it that had been sitting since last year, emptied the fuel tank dropped the bowl, pulled the jet cartridge out, ran a few ounce of Isoheet down through the tank and let it drain out to get rid of any residual water, put it back together with some fresh gas, it ran a little bad at first probably get through the bit of propanol sitting in the bowl, and then it ran at full speed but it was running rough, the new gator blade I put on it towards the end of last season was causing the problem, so I just put a standard blade on it.

Last edited:
2013 Toro 721 single stage snowblower
OUT: .6L of Red Line 5W30
IN: Mobil 1 AFE 0W30

I often help out two neighbours so the machine gets a lot of use.

One neighbour suggested I change the oil twice a year instead of once a year and so I'm going to send in a sample of the old redline 5w30 for testing and will post the UOA

2013 Toro 721 single stage snowblower
OUT: .6L of Red Line 5W30
IN: Mobil 1 AFE 0W30

I often help out two neighbours so the machine gets a lot of use.

One neighbour suggested I change the oil twice a year instead of once a year and so I'm going to send in a sample of the old redline 5w30 for testing and will post the UOA
🤤

My BIL’s 3kw inverter generator. My friends rider (JD single cylinder brigs) and her trim mower (toro). Another friends rider (toro with single cylinder kohler) and her push mower (something with a honda GC). All getting M1 10-30 at the moment.

general observation. The oil coming out of both of their riders was remarkably clear, and not silly black, after one year of use. Not just one, but both. Hmm. Idk who or what was in them before.

At some point spring will hit the midwest.
Husqvarana zero turn with Kawasaki engine
out Kawasaki Synthetic blend 10w30
off Kawasaki filter
In Amsoil 10w30 synthetic small engine oil.
on Wix 57035
new mower near the end of last yr. 3rd oil change 16.7hrs

Attachments

• IMG-2741.jpg
    IMG-2741.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 15
Back