Post your latest small engine oil change

Honda GVC160 on my Husqvarna with Wolf's Head 30 weight SL.
This is the 3rd short OC on my new mower....to get out the break-in metals....and then I'll go to synthetic for the entire season.

PS: The 10w30 came out really thin (like water) so I went to straight 30. I may use 5w40 syn. when she's broken in...

Petro-Canada Supreme 5w30 in the Makita 3500W Generator
Mobil 1 5w30 in the B&S 14.5HP lawn tractor
Mobil 1 5w30 in the chipper

Still have the hand mower to do and the Honda outboard.

LMAO: last fall Rotella straight 30 weight.. and with less than 4 hours on it this summer Im gonna gues that it wont get changed again till next fall.

3.5 Briggs vertical shaft model 92900 lawn mower engine, 1986 vintage, 20 oz 30wt WalMart Bros Super Tech dino oil. Was using Rotella 30wt until the SJ rated variety disappeared. Now all is available is the diesel spec T1 in 30wt. What's up with that?

Last edited:
I don't change oil in my small engines,there all 2 stroke exept the lawnmower...6 years of use and it has never been changed and I haven't even had to add any. And I've got a big lawn. About 2 hours to mow and doing it oonce a week. Not to mention mowing some camp lawns

2 Craftsman tractors.

1 w/19.5 HP B&S Gold Single and 1 w/24 HP B&S Platinum Twin.

Both got Baldwin B1410 filters and Amsoil Small Engine Oil.

Couple weeks ago -
Rotella 5w-40 synthetic for the CPE 2kw Inverter generator.

Ran it today for a little more than an hour - seems the top end is quieter and it runs more smoother/responsive than the previous Rotella 15w-40 dino.

2012 Kubota BX 1860
Changed FF early at 30 hours to Rotella T5 10w-30
Changed OE oil filter to Bosch Distance Plus D3300

1995 Deere LX178 hydrostatic trans (Castrol Syntec 5-50) and engine (Castrol Syntec 0-30).

I used an evacuator to drain the tranny and it did pretty well.

First oil change on new Craftsman 24HP B&S @ 4.8 hours. Drained the original oil and it was green in color with a fair amount of black in suspension. PP 5w-30 and Wix 57035.

Back