Post your latest parts purchase

I'm curious how those turn out, keep us posted. The the HK system in my Regal uses 2-ohm speakers, and the rear "woofers" really struggle below 50hz or so. I've been looking for an aftermarket solution without much luck but these CDT's look promising.
Put them in. They sound great with decent sub-bass. Only issue is fitment. The magnet is huge! You might have to make a custom enclosure for your application. Mine will sound even better whenever I get around to doing that.

upper and lower intake manifold gaskets
distributor with brass cap
plugs wires
valve cover gaskets
ignition coil

7.4 Vortec.........to fix lower gasket coolant leak

from Rock auto

Put them in. They sound great with decent sub-bass. Only issue is fitment. The magnet is huge! You might have to make a custom enclosure for your application. Mine will sound even better whenever I get around to doing that.
Thanks for the follow up! Might have to wait a while, especially since there's nothing "wrong" with what's in there right now and $250 could be spent better elsewhere.

You're running them off the stock Bose amp, right?

Bought a new U-1 lawn tractor battery at WalMart for $29.87. Took my old one along and saved the $12 core charge. The date sticker was 04/24. Put it on the 3A charger with float mode. It charged for about a minute and went into float mode. After a couple hours, it was charging for 1-2 seconds. every 45 seconds. Think I got a good one.

20240404_174848.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow up! Might have to wait a while, especially since there's nothing "wrong" with what's in there right now and $250 could be spent better elsewhere.

You're running them off the stock Bose amp, right?
Yep. Honestly, there isn't too much of a loss in volume. Sounds almost as loud as the OEM.

Back