Post your latest oil change

‘21 BMW X3MC

Out - 0w30 BMW TPT (assuming the dealer used it…
In - 0w30 Motul Specific LL-01FE

Kind of got the heebie jeebies when I found a quart of 0w20 in the trunk, which the vehicle does not call for. Did not change filter as it only has 3k on it. Did not reset maintenance minder and will do full change with filter when that says it is due in another seven months or so, which will be about 4k more driving.

I wonder if the darker color is from the DI? Not all of them do that; our Mazda doesn't but our Armada 5.6 darkened oil very quickly.
I suspect it was probably from all the break in material and assembly lube. I will monitor the oil next time around for color.

Gulf and Gulf Western are two totally different companies. Gulf Western is Australian-owned and all their oils are made in Sydney, Australia.

https://www.gulfwestern.com.au/

2018 VW Golf Sportwagen. 100,031 mi odo. 4,189 mile OCI. 5x track days on this fill. Some minor consumption (
Out: 6 qts HPL Euro 5W40 + Mann filter + crush washer. Sample to BS - that will be 5 years of UOAs on this car/done them since factory fill...probaby will back it off after this one to maybe 1/year. Filter back to FCP with other stuff for LRG credit.

In: 6 qts HPL Euro 5W40 + Mann filter + crush washer.

A gripe with HPL...the containers. The 1 gal containers need a clear strip like all other oil containers I've ever seen so that you can see the level to measure volume.

20240101_143051.jpg
20240101_150913.jpg

Again, Gulf is not Australian but Gulf Western is. Two seperate companies.

From your link:

”ABOUT GULF OIL​

Gulf Oil was founded in 1901, with the discovery of the world’s 1st high volume
oil well at Spindletop, Texas, USA. Today, 116 years later, Gulf Oil is the fastest growing lubricant business in the world, and has stood the test of time to operate in over 100 countries.
Manufactured in Europe, Gulf Lubricants are specially blended from advanced synthetics…”

Gulf Western, on the other hand:

“COMPANY HISTORY​

Peter Vicary and his sons Ben and Andrew founded Gulf Western Oil in 1988 for the sole purpose to design an oil specific to the Australian market. Australia has embraced this concept and over the last 35 years Gulf Western has become a leader in their field…

The company remains fully Australian owned and operated by the Vicary family.“

Last edited:
2022 Toyota Highlander V6, 34,900 miles

Out: Heaven only knows. It was purchased with 31k on the dash. Checked the stick at time of purchase and the color looked acceptable. No sticker on glass and no way to check the dash for last interval. The maintenance reminder was not on as of 34,900. This means either it was changed and reset, or simply just reset.. Either way it was pretty dark amber coming out. Oil filter was made in china and really black. The part number on the filter didn't get any results on the web. 🤷‍♂️
In: Costco Kirkland Signature 0w-20 5.8 qt & Toyota OEM filter & washer.

2008 Toyota Sequoia
5.7 V8
Out: Schaeffer's 9000 0w20, Toyota cartridge filter
In: Amsoil Signature Series 0w20, Toyota cartridge filter

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
6.0 Vortec V8
Out: Schaeffer's 9000 5w30, AcDelco PF48E filter
In: Amsoil Signature Series 5w30, AcDelco PF48E filter

2011 Ford Edge
3.5 V6
Out: Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w20, Schaeffer's Micron Moly EP, Motorcraft FL500S filter
In: Fram Synthetic 5w20, Swepco 502 oil improver, Motorcraft FL500S filter

2020 Honda Odyssey 32k

3028 OCI 1st oil change after purchase. Bought car from CarMax. Not sure what oil in it probably some sort of bulk 0W20. They use Carquest parts. Oil filter was Carquest
R84356MP C&P coming to the oil filter form.

In
Honda Oil Filter
Castrol Edge 0w20
New crush washer

2020 Honda Odyssey 32k

3028 OCI 1st oil change after purchase. Bought car from CarMax. Not sure what oil in it probably some sort of bulk 0W20. They use Carquest parts. Oil filter was Carquest
R84356MP C&P coming to the oil filter form.

In
Honda Oil Filter
Castrol Edge 0w20
New crush washer
Probably a good plan to do a transmission service as well, just a spill and fill, use Honda fluid. I'd be willing to bet the cabin and intake filters haven't been done either, worth checking if you don't have access to a service history.
Good luck with your Odyssey

Probably a good plan to do a transmission service as well, just a spill and fill, use Honda fluid. I'd be willing to bet the cabin and intake filters haven't been done either, worth checking if you don't have access to a service history.
Good luck with your Odyssey
The cabin and engine filters were new. I bought the transmission fluid waiting for it to get here. So in the next few weeks that’s on my list.

Back