Post your latest oil change

2009 Honda Accord EX-L coupe 2.4 liter K24 with 177,325 miles.

Out: Supertech Full Synth High Mileage 5w-30.
6,025 miles, OLM @ 15%.
Fram Ultra XG7317

In: Vavoline Full Synth High Mileage 5w-30.
Fram Ultra XG7317, will use for 2 OCIs.

Attachments

• OIL CAR.jpg
    OIL CAR.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 25
  • CAR.jpg
    CAR.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 25
2009 Honda Accord EX-L coupe 2.4 liter K24 with 177,325 miles.

Out: Supertech Full Synth High Mileage 5w-30.
6,025 miles, OLM @ 15%.
Fram Ultra XG7317

In: Vavoline Full Synth High Mileage 5w-30.
Fram Ultra XG7317, will use for 2 OCIs.
I'm speculating that the removed Fram Ultra looked pretty clean after it's 6k run and that's why you decided to run another Ultra for the next two 6k OCIs?.... or has my Intuitive skills gone awry & left the BITOG building?? ...lol

The oil was as "clean" as you would expect after 6K miles and the Ultra is rated for 20,000 miles.
Also, Honda states to change filter every other oil change.
Been doing this for the past 2-3 years although, I do lie awake at night wondering why I don't just use the Toughguard and change it every OCI.
It's nice be able to use an extractor on the OCI when not replacing the filter.

2015 VW Jetta 1.8 TSI, 136.5K miles
Out: Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w-40 API SP with PurolatorBOSS (PBL21478)
In: Mobil 1 Euro 0w-40 API SP with MANN HU 6013 z

It consumes quite a bit of oil (~1qt/1,000mi) and it was worse on mobil 1 products.
Trying out the new API SP formula...

It consumes quite a bit of oil (~1qt/1,000mi) and it was worse on mobil 1 products.
Instead of changing oils, try an additive like ATS 505CRO.
Another additive to try is BG EPR
Google each of these. Both (individually) are used just prior to your next oil change.
Try one of em' next oil change. Then try the other in early 2024.

Lots of good reviews on both of these. Especially helpful to the TGDI / GDI crowd.

Google each of these. Both (individually) are used just prior to your next oil change.

Lots of good reviews on both of these. Especially helpful to the TGDI / GDI crowd.
I can vouch for epr. It really does clean the gunk out. Never seen a 2.4 ecotec with so much crud in the cartridge filter before. 😳

Have you tried a full syn high mileage for the consumption issue?

2021 Mazda CX-5 2.5 NA:
Out: Kirkland Signature 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil & Super Tech ST6607 filter (7471 Miles)
In: Kirkland Signature 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil & FULL 2-OMD007 filter

I'm going to try one of those or at least engine cleaner next time. Just feeling little nervous keeping high idle RPM with additives in the crankcase. Or maybe I can let the mechanic do the job for me...

The vehicle was dealer maintained 100% of time and had around 7~8,000 mi OCI with them so I'm not worrying about faulty oil or excessive long OCI in the car at least. When I bought it I've noticed the consumption and changed the oil in first 1,000 mi, then 2,000 mi, 3,000 mi,... and finally 5,000 mi and I'll keep it in 5,000 mi OCI. I've noticed oil consumption is reduced in each oil change so I believe shorter OCI is definitely improving the issue and now it's within the definition of "excessive consumption" as per the manual says.

Anyway, I'll try the products you've mentioned and let you know if it works. Thanks for the opinion!

Have you tried a full syn high mileage for the consumption issue?

No, but tried LM Motor Oil Saver with VW 502 oil. As I mentioned, consumption is reducing over OCI but not sure if it is because of MOS or shorter OCI. Or maybe both...

Back