Post your latest oil change

2022 Honda Civic Touring 1.5T
16k miles on car
4,900 miles OCI, 6 months, 5% OLM (last changed at 50% OLM)
Out and In the same: 4 Quarts Valvoline EP 0W20, OEM (Made in Japan) filter.
~
Rotated the tires. What a pain in the hinder getting all four wheels off the ground on these newer vehicles, I used four spare tire jacks on the rocker pinch welds.
~
Interestingly, the maintenance minder code just said to change the oil, not the filter. It had been about 9k miles since the filter was replaced, as far as the car knew, and will probably go another 9k before it is due for service again.

2022 Mazda CX-5 2.5L NA
In: Valvoline EP 0W-20 and Mazda Thai filter
Out: Same
26,363 on the clock and 5K on this last OCI

Also changed the air filter and through some super tech fuel treatment in the tank.
IMG_0220.jpeg

2022 Honda Civic Touring 1.5T
16k miles on car
4,900 miles OCI, 6 months, 5% OLM (last changed at 50% OLM)
Out and In the same: 4 Quarts Valvoline EP 0W20, OEM (Made in Japan) filter.
~
Rotated the tires. What a pain in the hinder getting all four wheels off the ground on these newer vehicles, I used four spare tire jacks on the rocker pinch welds.
~
Interestingly, the maintenance minder code just said to change the oil, not the filter. It had been about 9k miles since the filter was replaced, as far as the car knew, and will probably go another 9k before it is due for service again.
Pro tip: use one jack and a spare to rotate the tires.

Why not just pour the whole jug into it and be done with it? What are you doing with 1/5 of a quart.
Yup, if it wants 4.5 qts, it gets 5.
I have 2 Scions and a Kia that I do this on.

I don't get these odd fill levels.
I get euro vehicles being a little off in qts if the liter equivalent is an round number, but seems 4.8 qts is 4.5 liters, so why not just a round number on either end?

I don't get these odd fill levels.
I get euro vehicles being a little off in qts if the liter equivalent is an round number, but seems 4.8 qts is 4.5 liters, so why not just a round number on either end?
The offical oil amount for the Hybrid is 5.7 qt. Mine gets 5.5 as the math on the extras is easier. That missing .2 qt leaves the cross hatch area of my dipstick a bit exposed at the top. It does not drop below that level in normal use.

So you have the 1.6 under that Kia Soul hood?..... which takes 4.8 quarts. If so, then five quart round-offs makes sense.
Our 2.0 Soul takes 4.23 quarts. I always pour 4.5 quarts and the dipstick never displays being slightly over-filled..

Wife's Prius C. I was going to try to let it go to 10k miles but just couldn't make myself go past 8k.

Out: 5w-20 Valvoline Modern Engine and a Mobil 1 filter
In: Kirkland 5w-30 and a e-core champ filter

2008 Expedition

Out: Not 100% sure but think it was Quaker State and champ filter
In: Kirkland 5w-30 synthetic and a champ filter

Unlike
Sorry ripcord.

I would have given you a Like, had you used Supertech Advanced 20k oil instead.
I've used both in my Grandson's Colorado and daughter's Acadia. The S/T Advanced came out of the oil pan looking much better. Sounded better also.

I stick with the AC Delco oil filters with both. I owned the Colorado since new, for about 140k. Then I free-gifted it to my grandson at age 18, almost four years ago. That five cylinder still sounds strong and the body only has a couple small rust spots since 2004 and Michigan uses salt on their roads. Grandson doesn't drive much. It might have 160k mileage today.

Last edited:
2017 Hyundai SantaFe 70,668 on 2.4 engine
Out at 3,150 miles Havoline 10W-30 and Hyundai oem filter
In Havoline 10W-30 HM. SuperTech 9688 filter

I would have gone a bit farther on oc but I did a Berrymans GDI Intake Valve clean last week and I could see it added carbon to the oil.
IMG-0380.jpg

2013 Fiat 500 Sport 1.4 n/a 100,000 miles
Out: Kirkland FS 5w30 Mann Filter (cartridge)
IN: Quaker State Euro 5w40 Mann Filter
Oil out was black and filter dirty, used QS Euro 5w40 because it is just across the line of 30 weight into 40 weight and I'm in Texas.

2017 F150 5.0 76,000 miles
Out: Quaker State Euro 5w40 Motorcraft filter (can)
In: Castrol GTX HM 10w40 Motorcraft filter
Oil out was dark, Using the 10w40 because it is a real 40 weight and I'm in Texas.

Mom's 2004 Honda Element, which I've been driving while my Pathfinder has been in the shop.

165K on vehicle. 5K and almost 2 years on this OCI because she basically only uses it to buy groceries once a week. She only has to get gas maybe once a month.

OUT: a mix of super old API SH 10w30 and some half-quarts of Nissan Ester 5w30 I had on hand at the time and a Nissan 15208-9E01A filter

IN: 4 quarts Thrive syn blend 5w30, two half-quarts of Valvoline daily protection conventional 5w20, another Nissan 15208-9E01A filter.

Last edited:
PXL_20230806_201552372.jpg

Out...Mobil 1 EP 0w20, Fram Ultra

In...Mobil 1 EP 0w20, Mobil 1 filter

Also changed the tranmission (manual) and transfer case with Redline C+ (ATF+4 compatible) transmission oil. I was able to do the entire change for oil, transmission, and transfer case in about 40 minutes. It could have been done in 30 if I picked up the pace a bit. This Jeep is just so easy to maintain. I´ll be swapping out the diff fluid on both ends in the next day or two. It is equally as easy, since the Dana M210 and M220 have easy access drain plugs.

Back