Post your latest oil change

93 C1500 5.7l 152,500 miles
Out- QS HM 10w40 w HPL EC30 Fram PH5, 6k on oil and came out thick and super dark brown. Used 2 filters during the run and had 2 qts of make up 10w40 ST blend and 0/5w40 PP SRT at filter changes. Will need to do the valve cover gaskets and pcv and breather grommets it has a small leak now at them- think EC cleaned up some gunk that had it sealed. Will post the filter later on.
In- QSFS 5w40 Euro w Mobil 1 M1 302A.
Never ran the Mobil filter before but I did like that is is about 1/2" longer than the Fram.

Last edited:
2015 Chrysler 200S 2.4L 37,340 miles.

Out- Whatever 0W-20 the dealership uses with a OEM filter.
OLM 47% 6 months 29 days 2,595 miles on oil.

In- Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20 with a Fram Ultra XG10060.

This is the first time I changed oil myself in about 18 years. I joined this forum in early 2020 about some tires, this past June I injured my leg and was down for a couple weeks, during that time I spent hours reading threads here and have checked in multiple times a day since.

Twofer today

My 04 wrangler Sahara. 4.0l v6. 98100 miles

Out: pennzoil conventional high mileage 10w30 and Mobil 1 filter

In: 6 qts of castrol gtx high mileage 10w30 with mopar filter. (Got 6 qts on sale on Amazon for $28)

3,000 OCI

My MIL,s pristine 04 wrangler 4.0l v6 with 37700 miles.

Out: unknown oil with overtightened service champ filter

In: 6 qts of Valvoline high mileage 10w30 with mopar filter

40B65B8E-9E59-456E-AFF9-7202B15B0C3B.jpeg

2015 Ram 1500 with 5.7L Hemi, one year, 19,000 miles on oil, 117,000 on engine
Out/In Red Line 0W-20 oil
Out/In Hastings/Baldwin LF636 filter

Only needed two quarts of make-up oil; was about a quart low when I drained it yesterday. I took a sample and sent to Blackstone for UOA. Will post my results.
I've read that redline is the stuff for the 5.7 lifter tick. What is your experience?

I've read that redline is the stuff for the 5.7 lifter tick. What is your experience?
Good question. I bought this Ram 1500 in July 2021 with 92,000 miles on it. It's the first vehicle I've owned with a Hemi engine. I changed the oil in Oct 2021 at 98,000 miles, using the Redline 0W-20. Fortunately I have not heard the tick or any other odd engine noises (knock on wood). Not sure if that was due to the previous owner's oil selection. Previous owner seemed to have maintained it very well, but have no idea of what oil was used or if he experienced any lifter tick.

2.4GDI Kia Sportage gen2 theta2

out with the Mobil Euro 5w40/MP9688, 3620 mile interval, 1st time for a spotless drain plug magnet(Gold Plug) attest to thicker oil

In with the Pennzoil 5w-30 EuroL Napa Platinum 41334.
You worried about that Florida rain I'd have left the Mobil Euro in their for another 6 weeks unless I was planning a long road trip.

2.4GDI Kia Sportage gen2 theta2

out with the Mobil Euro 5w40/MP9688, 3620 mile interval, 1st time for a spotless drain plug magnet(Gold Plug) attest to thicker oil

In with the Pennzoil 5w-30 EuroL Napa Platinum 41334.

That's interesting and good info.

This is the first time I changed oil myself in about 18 years. I joined this forum in early 2020 about some tires, this past June I injured my leg and was down for a couple weeks, during that time I spent hours reading threads here and have checked in multiple times a day since.
I hope you felt wholesome and great afterwards

You worried about that Florida rain I'd have left the Mobil Euro in their for another 6 weeks unless I was planning a long road trip.
No rain, just worried about the fuel diluting the oil since vehicle is severe service only. If I had planned any long trips, I would've left the oil in there. Since it will continue with city only commuting, graded dusty roads, short trips, continuous daily stop and go traffic, more traffic, idling, and I won't have time to service it for several weeks, better to be early then later. 3750 miles is the warranty required interval for severe service.
That's interesting and good info.
One can learn a lot from that magnet, especially when changing grades or brands of oil. Its winter so I stepped down to the thin oil jug but wonder if I am backwards.... winter dilution is greater than my summer dilution. So, I should save the thin 5w30euro oil for summer and use the 5w40 for winter. I will know more in a couple years as I collect more data. All I know is that the 40 grades show nothing or drastically less on the magnet repeatedly, when compared to a 30 grade, with the hyundaikia 2.0T and 2.4GDI. But, no one listens and most won't even try!

Back