Post your latest oil change

2018 Jeep JL Wrangler 3.6/manual
61,110 miles on vehicle, 5100 on the oil.
Out: Havoline Pro-DS 0w20, Fram Titanium (XG) filter
In: Mobil 1 ESP 0w20 X2, Fram XG filter

Interestingly, the oil has a green color to it. I'm guessing that's just the marketing for Emissons System Protection branding.

PXL_20220403_202416445.jpg

2018 Jeep JL Wrangler 3.6/manual
61,110 miles on vehicle, 5100 on the oil.
Out: Havoline Pro-DS 0w20, Fram Titanium (XG) filter
In: Mobil 1 ESP 0w20 X2, Fram XG filter

Interestingly, the oil has a green color to it. I'm guessing that's just the marketing for Emissons System Protection branding.

View attachment 95104
What the heck is ESP X2

I believe it's how VW keeps track that 508/509 oil was used.
Every "colored" oil I have used has lost the coloring within a few hundred miles.

What the heck is ESP X2

Every "colored" oil I have used has lost the coloring within a few hundred miles.
The 0W20 ESP oil is actually called ESPx2, what the X1,X2,X3, etc on XOM products mean is beyond me.
I believe the dye is UV reactive so even if the color of the oil changes they should be able to tell that the dye is present.

The 0W20 ESP oil is actually called ESPx2, what the X1,X2,X3, etc on XOM products mean is beyond me.
I believe the dye is UV reactive so even if the color of the oil changes they should be able to tell that the dye is present.
Weird. I have heard of ESP oil, just not the x2 part. Looking at Mobil's site it does not really say either, but the x2 oils are made for both gasoline and diesel engines, so maybe that is what it means?

Interesting if there is a UV dye in it as well.

Weird. I have heard of ESP oil, just not the x2 part. Looking at Mobil's site it does not really say either, but the x2 oils are made for both gasoline and diesel engines, so maybe that is what it means?

Interesting if there is a UV dye in it as well.
That would make perfect sense.

If I get my hands on a UV light, I'll check it out and will report back.

2006 crossfire srt6 (what a fun car)
8+ qts out of whatever was in (local shop changed it)

In:
8.5 Valvoline euro 5w40
Mann oil filter (this was supplied)

Also replaced engine & cabin air filters with some eBay no name brand that was supplied, but actually fit spot on. They asked if I wanted to change the trans fluid (no record of it ever being done), but with 180k on the car and it running brand new I suggested not doing it.

Mother's 2006 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3L V8 232K miles

6-month OCI

Out: 6 qts Frankenblend 15w-40 + Purolator Boss PBL14006
In: 6 qts Fram Conventional HDEO 15w40 + Purolator Boss PBL14006.

Back