Post your latest oil change

Brothers car 2001 Chevy Tracker with 2.5 Suzuki V6. Yesterdays oil change was with Vavoline VR1 50 W Racing oil and standard Wix oil filter.

Side note: At about 140,000 miles timing chain started to make a lot of noise constantly. So we started using the straight 50 weight VRI with heavy zinc. Now at over 175,000 miles and only makes noise at cold startup. And the oil is really cheap at less than 6 bucks a bottle.

So at 5100 miles on that OCI what was the first big thing that came to mind on Valvoline Extended Protection that sticks in your mind?
Oil was still super slick when I drained it. That was the first thing that comes to mind. Regardless of what I put in my cars though, I stick to a 5k / 6 mo OCI. It just works the best for me and I remember. I think I paid $13 for 5 qts after the MIR.

The engine is in great shape and doesn't use a drop of oil.

2016 Hyundai Accent, ~178,800 miles, 3247 mile OCI.

Out: M1 FS 0w40, lubegard bioT, MANN w811/80. Ran a can of BG EPR in it for about 20 minutes before draining.

In: M1 FS 0w40, BG MOA, Fram ultra 9688.
Does your 1.6L GDI engine burn a lot oil at that mileage? How often do you use EPR? Just curious. I have the same engine in my Soul and my car will probably be a pile of dust before I get to that mileage but it would be nice to know.

2015 Nissan Altima 4 banger strippie, 153K, 5,800 mile OCI
Out Kirkland 0w20
In Kirkland + Castrol GTX + a little M1 0w20 left M1 filter

This is a high mile, ex-Hertz beater. My friend has put almost 70K on it.
I have just done regular services, fluids, filters, spark plugs, battery, a set of StoneFire tires.
I highly recommend CVT services with Castrol or Valvoline fluid.
No makeup oil ever... You cannot kill this car!

MityVac for the win!

Had the oil changed in my wife's 14 CR-V. MM was at -2xxx miles (Not entirely sure but was probably -2200ish) and it has been about a 10 months. ~118k miles on car. I think it was between 8-9k since last change.

Out: Amsoil SS and Amsoil filter.
In: Amsoil SS and Amsoil filter.

This is the last of my SS except for half a quart I have lying around. Also had a ****load of other stuff done like front and rear brakes and rotors, rear calipers, coolant pipe, misc hoses, o-rings, gaskets, thermostat, coolant (which was just done March of last year) etc... Hopefully we'll be good for a while. Looking to get ~ another 75k before we replace.

2020 Chevrolet Onix Activ 1.4L (Colombia)
40969 km, ~10900km OCI
Out: ACDelco Supreme Plus 5W-30, GM Filter
In: Shell Helix HX8 Professional AG 5W-30, GM Filter

Also changed engine and cabin filters (dusty as hell after only 20K!)
Out of warranty (2y/50000km), gonna treat her to the good stuff now. Here in my region of Colombia they don't stock Helix Ultra 5W-30 with dexos1 gen 2 cert., only HX8.

2015 Murano 60000 miles
Penz Platinum 0/20.
Wix 51356XP (wish I could find an even bigger one actually)

Would change the cabin filter if I can figure out how to get it IN there without totally destroying it.

2015 Murano 60000 miles
Penz Platinum 0/20.
Wix 51356XP (wish I could find an even bigger one actually)

Would change the cabin filter if I can figure out how to get it IN there without totally destroying it.
You have to squeeze the center of it so the top and bottom parts bend in and it looks like a bowtie. Like squeeze the pleated part of the filter and the more rigid sides of the filter will bend down a little bit. Then finagle it in slowly and it'll get in. I hate doing those Nissan cabin filters and that's the only way I've found to get them in without ruining them.

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD
6.0 lq4 V-8 engine
Odometer reading: 153,000 mi
Out: 6 quarts of unknown oil and an AC Delco filter
In: 6 quarts of Valvoline Advanced Full Syn 5w30 and a Fram Tough Guard 3506 oil filter
Total product costs: $36.57

Just picked this Yukon up a few weeks ago. Dealer said they had the oil changed but I just don’t trust anyone else to change my oil. I’m particular about my maintenance so for my peace of mind, I went ahead and picked up the oil and filter today at Wally world and changed it. Hoping to get as many miles as possible on this bad boy before I have to replace any of the original drivetrain.

Back