Post your latest oil change

10/18/21 @ 200,012 mi. 2006 Pontiac Vibe. We just hit 200k mi. I’m trying out the latest SuperTech FS to see if I notice any difference. This car is driven a lot with multiple starts/stops and short trips throughout the day. It’s only like $2 more why not :)

Out: ST HM FS 5w30, ST4967 Filter
In: ST Advanced FS 5w30, ST4967 Filter

Attachments

• 72330007-022D-471F-88DC-1E1B0EA22A8B.jpeg
    72330007-022D-471F-88DC-1E1B0EA22A8B.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 29
10/18/21 @ 200,012 mi. 2006 Pontiac Vibe. We just hit 200k mi. I’m trying out the latest SuperTech FS to see if I notice any difference. This car is driven a lot with multiple starts/stops and short trips throughout the day. It’s only like $2 more why not :)

Out: ST HM FS 5w30, ST4967 Filter
In: ST Advanced FS 5w30, ST4967 Filter
Do you have any oil consumption with your vibe?

2018 Camry XSE 2.5l

Miles on oil: assuming 5k.
Miles on unit: 50,113

Out: Dealer bulk 0w16
Out: Toyota filter
In: Castrol EP 5w20
In: Fram PH4967

First of all screw toyota, I've been seeing alot of scare mongering toyota service commercials lately; you know the one with the carpenter shooting shotgun shell nails through the wall.

Please refer to the pics for the quality of toyota service. My gf just got off Toyota care "plus" maintenance package and now trust me to maintain her car. The drain bolt was probably torque to 5-10ft lbs if that and they used a non oem nylon washer that was cracked in half. The bolt had no resistance to spin. There was also something screwed up either with the bolt or threads because about half way thru I couldn't spin it with my fingers but it seated properly after that. I may get her a new drain bolt next time.

I suspect the toyota filter adbv was not functioning properly, barely any oil came off when let it drip before removing.

I used the blue Teflon coated washers torqued to 30 ft/LB. Also rotated tires. On a positive note, Castrol EP was free from walmart glitch days and the filter cost me $3.88 and around 6 bucks for a bag of washers. This is my second cheapest OC ever.

Did you send the pictures to Toyota?

Did you send the pictures to Toyota?
No, but its not my car and the dealerships in this area all are trash - not suprised at all. If I paid for toyota care plus I would've been pissed off. I showed this all to my lady and there was no reaction. Fortunately, there were no oil starvation issues. The dipstick was only about 1/4 from full but they overfill to probably 5qt instead of 4.8.

Did 4 oil changes today. Total cost was ~$7. Used about 25 qts of oil.
Used Mobil1 High Miles Full Synthetic x2, Chevron Supreme blend, and Valvoline high miles blend. Left the filters on 3 since they're all M1 filters for 1 year or 20k miles and they've been on for about 10 months and less than 600 miles each. I replaced filter on 1 since it needed it, and I'm glad I did. It was on there really good and was hard to get off. I had to use a adjustable wrench and pinch it a bit to get ahold of it. Total cost was about $7, including the single filter I bought in bulk at $4 each last year. :)

Oils out were Costco full synthetic x3 and Quaker State FS HM x 1. These oils performed very well and were consistently uniform in appearance on draining. I can recommend them all. I would use them again, I have significant other oils from Hurricane Walmart event, and I wanted to used up some leaking jugs of recently acquired oils so that's why I picked what I did.

Not counting the time I allow for draining, I'm about 30 minutes per OC.

Going thru records, 5-10 years ago I used to pay about $70 for a FS oil change at a quick shop, when I was ultra busy and had no time for my own OCIs. Now, I'm guessing they're around $100 each. So today I saved nearly $400 doing it myself.

Thank you Hurricane Walmart 10 cent per qt oil.

Did 4 oil changes today. Total cost was ~$7. Used about 25 qts of oil.
Used Mobil1 High Miles Full Synthetic x2, Chevron Supreme blend, and Valvoline high miles blend. Left the filters on 3 since they're all M1 filters for 1 year or 20k miles and they've been on for about 10 months and less than 600 miles each. I replaced filter on 1 since it needed it, and I'm glad I did. It was on there really good and was hard to get off. I had to use a adjustable wrench and pinch it a bit to get ahold of it. Total cost was about $7, including the single filter I bought in bulk at $4 each last year. :)

Oils out were Costco full synthetic x3 and Quaker State FS HM x 1. These oils performed very well and were consistently uniform in appearance on draining. I can recommend them all. I would use them again, I have significant other oils from Hurricane Walmart event, and I wanted to used up some leaking jugs of recently acquired oils so that's why I picked what I did.

Not counting the time I allow for draining, I'm about 30 minutes per OC.

Going thru records, 5-10 years ago I used to pay about $70 for a FS oil change at a quick shop, when I was ultra busy and had no time for my own OCIs. Now, I'm guessing they're around $100 each. So today I saved nearly $400 doing it myself.

Thank you Hurricane Walmart 10 cent per qt oil.
Interesting note on the quick shop.
I just took my work vehicle to a quick shop for an oil change today. $129 for a FS oil change and air filter, yikes. Not my money.

Mother-in-laws 2016 Buick Encore with 82,693 miles- 5,074 miles on the oil. The GM 1.4l seems to be tough on oil so we don't push much past 5,000 miles.

Out: PP 5w30
Fram TG10246
In: PP 5w30
Fram TG10246

My 13 year old Son took the lead on this one again. Oil change and tire rotation. I watched everything he did as he was doing it and reminded him of a few points along the way. He did very well. He even understands, more than some dealership techs, that the oil filter housing cap only needs to be tightened until it reaches the top of the filter housing and snugged down, not torqued by a ham fisted gorilla.

Back