Post your latest oil change

Nice looking car, what is it like to drive ?
I have really enjoyed driving it. The ride is very nice. Handling is respectable for a full sized sedan. Seats are very comfortable. My wife loves going on road trips in it. Though not as quiet as an S class, it is quite quiet. With 302 hp out of a 3.5 liter, it has a decent amount of acceleration for a V-6. Average fuel economy is about 23-24 mpg, and it has gotten as good as 29 mpg on a cross country trip averaging 80 mph.

The best part is, the W212 has proven to be very reliable. Except for a warped front rotor issue, which is very common on this model, I have had absolutely no mechanical issues with it. But brakes are easy to fix, and I'm putting on a set of Brembo rotors and pads this week.

The seats are known to tear on this particular model, and my driver seat is no exception. So I'll be replacing the driver seat cover soon.

I would have no hesitation in recommending a W212 E class to anyone.

2011 Ford crown Victoria police interceptor
130K miles
NO OCI in a year thanks to Officer "Der do doo" not following maintenance schedule. Officer reported "engine knocking". Car was decommissioned and I bought @ auction VERY cheap :cool:

Out: Whatever was in it ?? flushed out with Berryman's oil change flush

In: Pennzoil YB 5W20 blend 5 QTS + 1qt marvel mystery oil (500 mile flush out oil) + MC FL910-S filter

Peugeot 407 (2006) 2.2 16V, 220 000km
Out: Motul X-Cess 5W40
In: Millers Oils EE 10W40
Next --> Ravenol HVT 5W50 ---> Yacco Lube FR 5W40
Filtres: Purflux
Change interval: cca 7000km

Attachments

• Millers.jpg
    Millers.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 50
2016 Sierra Ecotec 4.3 with 6,866 miles on the OCI (11% remaining on the monitor)

Out: 6 qts Shell Rotella Gas Truck 5w30; Premium Guard PH500

In: 6 qts Shell Rotella Gas Truck 5w30; Premium Guard PH500

2016 Hyundai Accent 1.6l 156,100 miles, 3k OCI.

Out: Valvoline Premium Blue 15w-40, Hyundai oil filter.

In: Mobil 1 FS 5w-50, 1 can of Liqui moly Ceratec, Fram Titanium 9688.

So far the oil is extremely smooth and quiet running. Definitely feels like there's less drag compared to the dino 15w-40. Something interesting to note, I consistently got worse fuel economy with the conventional 15w-40, despite it being thinner than Valvoline Maxlife 10w-40. Maybe those engineers are onto something when they specify 0 & 5 winter ratings for year round use.

2020 Honda Accord 1.5/CVT

Out
: Mobil Super Syn 5W20 & Honda oil filter

In: 50/50 mix of Mobil Super Syn 5W20 and Valvoline Modern Engine 0W20 & NAPA Gold oil filter

Note: The old oil only had 1,500 miles on it but Honda requires an annual change to maintain the warranty.

I drove my fully-loaded Equinox from Milwaukee to the Anchorage area, crossing the border at Portal, ND the first day of relaxed U.S. citizen restrictions, which I believe it was Aug 9th. The 155,000-mile, poor-ringed 2.4L 4-cyl used 2 quarts of oil over a total of 5700 mile OCI consisting of Castrol 0W-40 and a XG9018 filter. It used oil driving west into high headwinds throughout Saskatchewan and Alberta! The two quarts of makeup oil were RGT 5W-30. Overall, the small SUV did great through northern Canada and its mountains.

Here in Alaska, last night's quickie OCI consisted of Kirkland 5W-30, while leaving the XG9018 in-place for a 2nd OCI.

All is well!

Last edited:
Back