Post your latest oil change

2012 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
In and out: PP Platinum 5w-30 (SN Plus our, SP in)
Motorcraft FL910S
OCI 5k.
Stock turbo and block.
Burns nearly nothing.

2001 Suburban 5.3 320K miles

Out: Castrol GTX ultraclean 5W30 "short OCI Flush oil" ( This was a 2000 mile flush due to previous owner doing a PYB 1 year/24K OCI. Oil was "TEXAS CRUDE BLACK" !!
Filter: Generic fleet autoworld(WIX ??) pep boys oil filter

In: M1 truck/Suv 5W30+ 1 liter Hy-per lube oil additive+ 10oz Lubegard blue bottle Biotech oil additve
thumbsup2.gif

Filter: Fram XG

Ran this same oil on my old Crown vic police interceptor and LOVED the smoothness and performance difference I noticed so I really want to see how this "heavy duty" M1 oil performs in Texas heat and big city traffic in my 19 year old 320K mile truck lol.

Gonna run it for next 3-4 months/3000-4000K OCI and see how she does
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Last edited:
After the dealer put in 0w/30 FE oil (wrong for 2005 E46) i just did a mityvac OC today using Edge 0w/40.
Stupid dealer had also OVERTIGHTNENED the oil filler cap and i just could not get it off no matter how hard i tried; didn't wanna damage anything so I just gave up (never had any trouble before).
-so the filter didn't get changed but the filter only has about 1000 miles on it, so not a biggie, just annoying. I will let them change it again when OC is due and this time I will bring my own oil (which the service manager agreed to after pointing out that 0w/30 FE is not approved for the e46

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited:
I've had that issue with the cap . Had to carefully use a pair of pliers . This ( below ) also occurred during a dealer O.C.. Looks like it was dropped or tossed . Have many bad experiences with service departments big and small over the past 30+ years .

DSCF6332.JPG

Last edited:
Originally Posted by odie
I've had that issue with the cap . Had to carefully use a pair of pliers . This ( below ) also occurred during a dealer O.C.. Looks like it was dropped or tossed . Have many bad experiences with service departments big and small over the past 30+ years .

Yeah, everybody knows you have to tighten oil caps down until they crack, right?

1998 Accord LX 4 banger, 115K, 5,900 mile OCI
Out: nearly 5 qts Kirkland 5w30; wasn't even dark!
In: 5 qts QS HM 5w30, left Fram XG3593a

Also replaced PS and Alt belts; I think alt belt was original?
My folks bought this car new; I have always serviced it.
When my Dad passed a year ago, I put tires on it and gave it to a friend. Cindy is a single Mom.
This car is perfect. I am happy to keep it in the family. She loves it. I told her, "no one wrenches on this car but me."

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
1998 Accord LX 4 banger, 115K, 5,900 mile OCI
Out: nearly 5 qts Kirkland 5w30; wasn't even dark!
In: 5 qts QS HM 5w30, left Fram XG3593a

It's too bad Blackstone didn't get a sample of that non-dark Kirkland @5900 miles. That would have been an interesting / discussed much sample

Only had about 10.8k km on this last OCI but the wife is going on a 2500 km road trip which would have put the OLM around 5%, so decided to change.

2014 Wrangler

Out:
0w20 Mobil 1 AFE
Napa Gold

In:
5w20 Mobil 1
Fram TG

2008 TrailBlazer 4.2L Straight-6
Out: Unknown 5W30? , Fram PH3506, mileage unknown, guy I bought it from said that he changed it shortly before I bought it so maybe 1000-2000mi.
In: 7qt Delo XSP 5w40 + Fram XG9837

1998 BMW 328is
140,286 Miles

Out: Mobil 1 0w-40 (still the LL-01 formula) and BMW OE Filter
In: Valvoline "European Vehicle" 0w-40 and a MANN HU 925/4X

OCI: 3,545 Miles and approx 4 years and 7 months! Vehicle sat for about two of those years. Now back to driving it much more this summer.
OLM was only down 1 green bar.

Took a sample for a UOA.

Originally Posted by blufeb95
2008 TrailBlazer 4.2L Straight-6
Out: Unknown 5W30? , Fram PH3506, mileage unknown, guy I bought it from said that he changed it shortly before I bought it so maybe 1000-2000mi.
In: 7qt Delo XSP 5w40 + Fram XG9837

You are catching on fast here. Good choice.
You may only need to move down to 0w40 this winter. Only one I tried and like is the Castrol Euro 0w40...... 04' Colorado P/U 4X4 3.5 engine.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
You may only need to move down to 0w40 this winter. Only one I tried and like is the Castrol Euro 0w40...... 04' Colorado P/U 4X4 3.5 engine.

Not in Muncie, IN. Won't make a bit of difference there.

New to my daughter 2012 Hyundai Sonata
Ac Delco dealer oil out
Valvoline 5w20 full syn in and a Bosch filter.
Sample pulled for Blackstone to establish a baseline

Last edited:
2013 Cadillac ATS 2.5L

73k miles

Out:. Havoline Supreme 5w/20 full synthetic smart change box, pf64 filter.

Changed at 50 percent on OLM. 3k miles. Changed early because I realized after I changed the oil that the Havoline wasn't dexos cert.

In:. Napa 5w/20 full synthetic. Napa gold filter. Bought on sale for $14.99 a jug and filter was $4.99.

Out: 5W-30 Mobil 1 with a Napa Gold.

In: 0W-30 Mobil 1 with a Mann+Hummel Napa Gold (made in U.S.A. printed on the can).

I was surprised to discover my friendly nearly neighbourhood Napa store is closed permanently, the signs gone and the building vacant. Even the Napa website doesn't list it. So I drove about 16 klicks return to the nearest Napa instead of two blocks from the house to Piston Ring for a Wix, to get $1.25 off with my CAA card. :)

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Not in Muncie, IN. Won't make a bit of difference there.

In my car 5w40 will be fine, if I change my dad's Bravada again before Winter I may put 0w30 or 0w40 in it, because he does a lot of short trips often. I have a house in Hartford City that I'm working on being able to move into, currently have a little problem with a cast iron sewage pipe seeping where it comes through foundation wall. Once I get moved in there and find a job I'll probably be working in either Muncie or Marion so I'll be driving 20-30mi trips in it, not to mention there's nothing in Hartford city so when you need to pick something up you can't find at a Dollar General or the Mom&Pop hardware store you have to drive to Muncie.

2016 Buick Lacrosse Premium
41,897 miles
Change at 3767 miles, January 3, 2020 to July 1, 2020; so only about 600 miles/month instead of my usual 900. Still had 31% life on the monitor.

Out: 5W-30 Dexos certified Castrol Syntec; In: same
Filter: AC Delco

I plan to run this another 6 months, until December '20 or Jan. '21.

Back