Post your latest oil change

2017 X5 40e (plugin hybrid)
37600 on the vehicle (just bought it at 36500)

The change was not do for another 3100 miles but wanted to start fresh.
OEM filter and Castrol 5w30 BMW-LL01 oil 5.3 quarts.
Looking to change every 7500 miles.

So far loving the plugin

Originally Posted by greentengu9
2002 Ford Focus ZTS, PowerWorks Supercharged (Eaton M62)

Interesting, a supercharged Focus
thumbsup2.gif

I'll bet that's fun to drive!
19.gif

Ha thank you for the compliment—it's an interesting car to drive!

I tend to do a low OCI simply because of the age of the engine and the stresses placed upon it. Each oil change merits a spark plug change as
well. I've played with everything from Amsoil to M1, and try new oils simply for the pleasure of doing so. The ST high mileage full syn was fine, but reading here on. BITOG made me want to try the QSUD.

I kept it looking bone-stock, so it tends to surprise others when I romp on it. I enjoy the whole "Q ship" aspect of driving a sedan that looks like an anonymous grocery getter; it only makes 214 whp and 177 lb.ft. at 70 degrees ambient, but it's a reasonably lightweight package, for what it is, so it's quick enough to never have to worry about mergers into freeway traffic.

Last edited:
2002 Xterra Supercharged (oddly enough, the same M62 blower as the poster above)

Out: Motomaster Formula 1 Synthetic 5w30 / OE Nissan Filter

In: Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic / Fram Tough Guard filter

Truck is around 260,000km and still runs great, uses no oil between changes (5-7500km depending on use). Still has great power from the SC and the gear ratios help a lot.

Did another one at the same time:

2004 VW Golf 2.slow

Out: Pennzoil 5w40 euro / QS filter

In: New oil pan
lol.gif
/ Castrol 0w40 / Mann Filter

Drove the car to Cape Breton and back in the fall, about 4000km round trip engine is running like a top with no noticeable consumption which people say is typical of the 2.0.

Last edited:
1997 Honda Accord EX Wagon, 2.2L 4 cyl F22B1

Mileage on unit : 234,263

OCI - 7 months and 5,195 miles

Out : 5 qts of Napa Performance 5W-30 syn blend and Napa Proselect 21334

In : 3.5 qts of Rotella T5 10W-30 / 1.5 qts Havoline Pro DS 10W-30 and Carquest Oil Filter 85334

The 2009 Tacoma 4.0, 5,068mi OCI and about 6 months. 142,315 miles on the truck.

Out: Rotella Gas Truck 5w30, Toyota D3 filter

In: Valvoline Modern Engine Oil 5w30, Hastings LF589

Bought several different Hastings filters recently since I service 6 vehicles. Very well made filters for $4 a pop...

2014 elantra coupe 2.o gdi @ 105k. 5k OCI

Out: valvoline 5w20 blend + oem filter
In: supertech 10w30 + OEM filter

Been really hot here thought I would try thicker oil.

I'm almost at 5,000 on Mobil 1 EP 0w20 in the CX-30. Dropped the OE fill at 1k miles. May send off a sample. It's been a while since I did a UOA on one of my vehicles. Probably at least 6 or more years ago.

Originally Posted by buster
I'm almost at 5,000 on Mobil 1 EP 0w20 in the CX-30. Dropped the OE fill at 1k miles. May send off a sample. It's been a while since I did a UOA on one of my vehicles. Probably at least 6 or more years ago.

So you chose no dealer free oil change either? Or did they-not offer you one?

I chose the free change and will get the Kia dealer oil analyzed.
My free oil change on the Hyundai was supposed to go to Blackstone. It got lost enroute by USPS, so I couldn't get a reading on that dealer's oil brand / additives used.

CX-30 now that would be an interesting review in another thread.

Originally Posted by 77Se7en

So you chose no dealer free oil change either? Or did they-not offer you one?

I chose the free change and will get the Kia dealer oil analyzed.
My free oil change on the Hyundai was supposed to go to Blackstone. It got lost enroute by USPS, so I couldn't get a reading on that dealer's oil brand / additives used.

I turned down the free oil change. I don't know if I can ever have them do it now going forward being I already did it. I prefer to do my own oil changes.

2017 Chevrolet 3500HD (L5P Duramax)

23,326 miles and 1,118.2 hours total on truck.

OCI: 5,360 miles, 303.9 engine hours (11/29/2019 to 7/11/2020)

OLM showed 27% oil life remaining.

Out: Dealer bulk 15w40, AcDelco PF2232
In: 10 quarts of Delo 400 XLE 15w40, Mobil1 M1-303A
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Don't you wish there was someone that bottled diesel in 5 quart jugs.

I usually buy 2.5 gallon jugs, but the XLE gallons were on sale from Amazon plus Chevron had a $7/gallon rebate. After rebates my cost per gallon on this oil is $6.28.

Motorcraft, but if you need 10qts, perhaps buying a 2.5gallon jug that diesel oil is often available in would be more convenient and cost effective.

Originally Posted by BlakeB

I usually buy 2.5 gallon jugs, but the XLE gallons were on sale from Amazon plus Chevron had a $7/gallon rebate. After rebates my cost per gallon on this oil is $6.28.

Have you checked brickseek to see if any of the Wally worlds in your area have clearance 2.5gal jugs of Rotella T6 5w40 for $15, or Delo XSP gallon jugs of 5w40 for $5.

Back