Post your latest oil change

While having other work done…
2009 Pontiac G5, 2.2 I-4; 178,171 miles.

Out: Synthetic Frankenblend (0W-20 to 5W-40), QS9018 filter. Just under 6k on oil and filter.

In: Frankenblend of mostly (old) 5W-20 and
5W-30 and a QS9018 filter.

A co-worker gave me a couple of jugs of conventional oil he no longer uses bc he now uses only synthetic. I dumped a bunch of it together to make 5L and had my tech throw it in while doing front and back brakes on it.

Out: Mobil1 ESP 5W30
In: Motul X-Clean + 5W30 and OE filter.

IMG_1779.jpeg

2022 Tahoe at 6k (5k on oil - did early change)
Out/off: Mobil 1 AFE 0W20 & PF63E
In/On: AC Delco synthetic 0W20 & PF63E
Tires rotated.

Well, I’m no spring chicken - but this was my first dealership oil change ever - have used quick lubes very little - so since a teenager I have done +/-90% of oil changes …
This deal is part of an extended warranty on that vehicle … purchased from the dealership … (12 changes/rotations) …

Last edited:
Sister's 2010 Toyota Tundra mega cab 5.7 V8
Out: whatever local Toyota dealer put in it 2 years ago 0W20, 8000 miles on oil
In: Supertech 0W20 full syn out of a 12 quart bag in box and FVP filter. Also changed engine air filter, cabin air filter and adjusted tire pressure.

A surprising amount of carbon/crud was in the bottom of the drain pan. 3 quarts of top off oil was added during the OCI.

2008 Acura TL in signature (141,194) After a week and 97 miles of the Chevron Supreme Synthetic Blend 5W30 --- I decided to drain in a clean container and replace oil & filter. Will use the Chevron Synthetic Blend in Subaru in signature sometime this or next year.

Out -- Chevron Supreme Synthetic Blend 5W30 & ST MP7317

In -- Quaker State Ultimate Protection 5W20 SP & Fram TG7317

Last edited:
2008 Acura TL in signature (141,194) After a week and 97 miles of the Chevron Supreme Synthetic Blend 5W30 I decided to drain in clean container and replace oil & filter. Will use the Chevron Synthetic Blend in Subaru in signature sometime this or next year.

Out -- Chevron Supreme Synthetic Blend 5W30 & ST MP7317

In -- Quaker State Ultimate Protection 5W20 SP & Fram TG7317
I get it, but that Chevron Supreme would have been fine for 5K miles. My 2007 Ridgeline (similar motor) has thrived on synthetic blends.

I get it, but that Chevron Supreme would have been fine for 5K miles. My 2007 Ridgeline (similar motor) has thrived on synthetic blends.
Sure, not to knock the Chevron one bit sir. Just really had the itch since the first time I seen the new Quaker State Ultimate Protection. Nothing more.... Have a good weekend.

IMG_4113.jpeg

2015 Honda Accord Hybrid. 76k. Has had M1 EP 0w-20 solely for its life. In went @High Performance Lubricants premium plus 0w-20 that I picked up in Manteno. OCI will probably be around 14k or two years. I picked the version with the best pumping characteristics (the premium plus variant) because the hybrid starts and stops so randomly. I could tell how well it was flowing coming out of the jugs. I do think initial startup is a little noisier but normal operation is smooth and quiet. That may be imagination…

Back