Post your latest oil change

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5, 109K

Out: @High Performance Lubricants PCEO 10W20, Wix Oil Filter, 6,531 miles
In: @High Performance Lubricants PCEO 5W30, Wix Oil Filter

1.75 qt of oil was added during the course of the interval. At the time of oil change, it was also 3/4 qt low - so it would have been 2.5 qt consumed over a ~6,500 mile period. Stepping up to a 5W30 this time to see if there is any improvement.

AE115A87-3B8E-4C86-AE4C-09D4E67E6D9C.jpeg

Last edited:
The Cruze got almost 5 qts of Valvoline full syn high mileage with an AC filter and a new drain plug (the hex on the old one was getting sketchy from the previous owners use of dealer oil changes) I also have a bottle heading off to my friends at Blackstone for some information gathering. 121k on the car now and 5k on the last fill of Kirkland 5w30 full syn.

Is that the plastic housing with the cartridge oil filter ? If so , how do like the O.C. compared to the metal canister ? Does it have drain plug at the bottom like that of the VENUE ? I'd think it would make for less mess .
Hi @odie ,

Yes, it has the filter drain plug at the bottom of the composite filter cap that's removed with a hex allen wrench. This drains the filter very well so you don't make a mess removing the filter cap. The cap can be removed without it though. I've always preferred an old fashioned metal throw-away filter versus these but it isn't a deal breaker. Of course more care is needed when screwing the cap back on so you don't overtighten. See @JeffKeryk recent thread about an overtightened composite filter cap. Not fun.

Included in the filter purchase:

-The filter drain plug
-Filter gasket
-Oil pan drain plug washer

1680734421437.png

Last edited:
No tire rotation?
Dang! You got me Michael... Gotta figure out the bushings.
Know anyone who has a clean little Corolla they might wanna let go to a good family?
The younger twins are getting their permits. Dumb ol' uncle jeff is on the hook, again.

We did discuss some cosmology; we spoke of Prof. Brian Cox and watched a video about the size of the Universe. 2 trillion galaxies? Sheesh.

I did check the tire pressure, if that helps...

1977 Chevrolet K10
350 small block V8
Replaced cam and lifters
Out: unknown oil, AcDelco PF1218 filter
In and back out: Amsoil SAE 30 break in oil, AcDelco PF1218 filter
In: Fram Conventional SAE 30, Lucas TB Zinc additive, AcDelco PF1218 filter

Last edited:
View attachment 148747

For my 2022 Camry Hybrid. I put 20k miles on it in 8 months, so I think I’ll be extending the OCI a bit.
If you’re going to extend, just keep an eye on the oil level. Recently had some fuel dilution possibly due to the cold weather/short trips on our Toyota hybrid. The viscosity went slightly below grade at 5000 miles with the exact same oil. Everything else was fine. The engine didn’t seem to mind it. The report is in the UOA section. Good luck.

Back