Post your latest oil change

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L, 105,073 mi.,
5k OCI
Out: 5 qts Mobil 1 5w-30 HM, 1 qt Mobil 1 5w-30, Bosch Premium Plus filter
In: 4 qts Mobil 1 5w-30 HM, 2 qts Mobil 1 5w-30, Champion-branded oil filter
80719DE8-3AD6-485B-BEE1-5A4F4A426968.jpeg

2022 Ram 2500 truck. 6.4 HEMI

Out: factory fill and MOPAR filter.
IN: Service Pro 0w40 oil and Auto Extra 618-57060 filter.
If you used their Euro 0W40, that is not the correct oil. The 0W40 that Stellantis specs is a mid-saps product.

I am running a Euro in my 6.4 as well. Can you clarify what you mean by not correct? Not correct as in it's not MS-12633 or ?
UOA’s of the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40 for SRT show that it uses a API SP style additive pack. The Euro oils in this grade tend to use a full SAPS additive pack, similar to the ones you find a 502.00 or A40 approved oil. The Euro additive packs contain a higher levels of Calcium and other elements that tend to raise the sulfated ash content. You will get some different opinions on this, but I personally will not use full SAPS oils in applications where it was not originally specified by the OEM.

UOA’s of the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40 for SRT show that it uses a API SP style additive pack. The Euro oils in this grade tend to use a full SAPS additive pack, similar to the ones you find a 502.00 or A40 approved oil. The Euro additive packs contain a higher levels of Calcium and other elements that tend to raise the sulfated ash content. You will get some different opinions on this, but I personally will not use full SAPS oils in applications where it was not originally specified by the OEM.
If you used their Euro 0W40, that is not the correct oil. The 0W40 that Stellantis specs is a mid-saps product.
In my defense I did try to push the boss towards M1 0w40/ESP. Didn’t go so well. Next time I’ll maybe just order some thru Autozone.

OK, so related to this comment https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/hemi-gurus.359490/post-6230168 you have a different opinion with the Euro oil in the 6.4?

I have 20 qts left of Euro oil. If you had my position, would you buy PUP for SRT and leave the Euro on the shelf or use up your Euro oil in this case?

I am trying to figure out how important this difference in oil is to the 6.4. I know very little about oil but am having a hard time believing one oil is great for a BMW, Porsche or Merc but not recommended for a Hemi. This is where I have questions.

OK, so related to this comment https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/hemi-gurus.359490/post-6230168 you have a different opinion with the Euro oil in the 6.4?

I have 20 qts left of Euro oil. If you had my position, would you buy PUP for SRT and leave the Euro on the shelf or use up your Euro oil in this case?

I am trying to figure out how important this difference in oil is to the 6.4. I know very little about oil but am having a hard time believing one oil is great for a BMW, Porsche or Merc but not recommended for a Hemi. This is where I have questions.
I want a explanation as to which oil to use in a 6.4 HEMI Ram 2500. M1 ESP 0w40?

Calling OVERKILL

Back