Post your latest oil change

2022 Subaru Legacy 2.5L NA
Mileage 15197/ OCI 5K

Out: 4.4 quarts QSFS 0W-20 and Purolator Tech TL14615 filter
In: 4.4 quarts QSFS 0W-20 and NAPA Gold 7055 filter

5k tire rotation as well.

20220905_152706.jpg

2021 Subaru WRX 2.0 FA20DIT, 952 miles. Drained out factory fill and put in Pennzoil Platinum FS and Subaru Tokyo/Roki filter. I might cut open the old filter (952 mile LOL) and see if there's anything interesting in it.
A year has passed and I've only put about 2000 more miles on the car. So I changed the oil.... 3028 miles on the ODO, same oil and filter.

Seemed a waste to dump the old oil, so I saved it and will use it in one of my winter cars. The Subaru dealer calls and emails all the time, warning me I will endanger my warranty by not changing the oil often enough. LOL I will wear out the drain plug before that!

OUT: Mixture of 3 types M1 EP to use up odds n ends and TRD filter
miles on oil almost 6,000

IN: 5 quarts M1 EP HM 5W-30 to use up M1 stash before switching to HPL + TRD filter

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring
201,000 miles

In: Mobil 1 High Mileage 0w20, Bosch Premium 3323 filter

Out: Valvoline Maxlife High Mileage full synthetic 0w20, Bosch Distance Plus D3323. Bought the Valvoline to try when Mobil1 was hard to find last year.

Also did ATF drain and refill with Maxlife ATF (red).

I have exhausted my stock of the Bosch Distance Plus D3323 filters.

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 3800 Series III engine, 152,000 miles.
I just purchased this car to replace another '05 LaCrosse that was totaled in an accident.

Out: Unknown oil, very old AC Delco P47E; the oil itself did not look too dirty but the filter has been on there a long time.
In: STP Full Synthetic, 5W-30; filter STP 3387A; on sale at Advanced Auto.

The car shows no sign of any leaks or engine problems but needed a lot of suspension work, which is why the previous owner parted with it. That's all been corrected and the car drives wonderfully. Transmission shifts smoothly, fluid is still pinkish, I'll leave that alone for now. Coolant is Dexcool but looks reasonably fresh, the car had a new water pump installed four years ago so my guess is that the coolant was renewed then.

Since I don't know how long the car went between oil changes and that filter looked old, I'm going to only let this fill go to 3,000 miles or so. At that point I may switch to Pennzoil High Mileage, which worked really well with my wrecked LaCrosse, and will renew the coolant.

2007 Acura TSX, Mighty K24, 122K, 4,300 OCI, 15% on MM
Out: about 5 qts Valvoline HM Syn, 5w30
In: Same

Left Fram XG7317 for next time. MityVac for the win!
Also warshed with rinseless carwarsh (we are in drought), clay mitt-ed hood, roof, trunk, spray waxed same, repaired nail in tire.

This used to be my Sister's car; my friend (single Dad) has it now. This is a great car!

2010 Ford Escape XLT, 2.5 engine, my wife's vehicle, 197,201 miles.

Out: Pennzoil High Mileage 5W-20, Service Champ OF241 Filter. Oil had just 3,400 miles on it but it was all stop-and-go driving in the heat of summer and the fill was six months ago.

In: Pennzoil High Mileage 5W-20, Motorcraft FL-901S filter.

Last edited:
2022 Subaru Legacy 2.5L NA
Mileage 15197/ OCI 5K

Out: 4.4 quarts QSFS 0W-20 and Purolator Tech TL14615 filter
In: 4.4 quarts QSFS 0W-20 and NAPA Gold 7055 filter

5k tire rotation as well.

View attachment 115740
sopususer, how is your subaru legacy treating you? i’m pretty much a sedan guy and the legacy is one that i enjoyed test driving…

Last edited:
2021 VW Jetta 1.4 TSI. OE Volkswagen/Audi 508.00 0w20 and OE Volkswagen oil filter was used. Oil was changed at 9170 miles for a total interval of exactly 4200 miles / 6 months. It appears to have used about half a quart over this interval.
i would be concerned about such a new car using 1/2 quart in 4200 miles. what’s going on here?

I used my truck for going to work, a short drive. while the van is in for ac work. When I checked the oil level it was above the full mark and smelled of fuel. I changed the oil, and it was black and kind of runny like water(good times!) -with Chevron semi-synthetic 5-30 with a fram xg-8 full synthetic filter. I did some reading and a worn engine like mine apparently likes longer trips like I had been using it for. This just reminds me of the rebuilt engine I would like to put in the truck.

Back