Post your latest oil change

2020 Mitsubishi Mirage

Out: Mobil 1 0w20 AFE
Fram TG7317

In: Mobil 1 0w20 AFE
Fram XG7317

I also added in 5oz of Liqui Moly Mos2. I've never used an oil additive before and I picked up a bottle for $8 that will do 2 oil changes. So what the heck right? The engine does seem ever so slightly smoother but it may just be placebo.

It is interesting how the oil is now tinted darker from the additive. Looks like it has a few thousands miles on it immediately after changing which is hard getting used to.

2020 Mitsubishi Mirage

Fram TG7317

Fram XG7317

I also added in 5oz of Liqui Moly Mos2. I've never used an oil additive before and I picked up a bottle for $8 that will do 2 oil changes. So what the heck right? The engine does seem ever so slightly smoother but it may just be placebo.

It is interesting how the oil is now tinted darker from the additive. Looks like it has a few thousands miles on it immediately after changing which is hard getting used to.
MoS2 is a dark grey color and shimmers - it will tint the oil a darker color. I thought 1 can of MoS2 was good for 1 change - why for 2? Does your vehicle have a v. low oil volume?

2020 Mitsubishi Mirage

Fram TG7317

Fram XG7317

Have you noticed any actual MPG gains from using AFE in your mirage? I was thinking about trying it out in mine once I run out of my valvoline stash to see if it actually improves fuel economy of not.

MoS2 is a dark grey color and shimmers - it will tint the oil a darker color. I thought 1 can of MoS2 was good for 1 change - why for 2? Does your vehicle have a v. low oil volume?
The mirage holds 3.2 quarts of oil which ain't much but it's plenty for a 1.2l 3 cylinder

Have you noticed any actual MPG gains from using AFE in your mirage? I was thinking about trying it out in mine once I run out of my valvoline stash to see if it actually improves fuel economy of not.

The mirage holds 3.2 quarts of oil which ain't much but it's plenty for a 1.2l 3 cylinder
Ah got it.

I've only ever used AFE in both our cars so i can't speak to any MPG improvements. I do too much in town stuff to really ever draw any conclusions for MPG changes. I sit at too many lights and deal with too much slow moving traffic.

As you said the mirage holds about 3 quarts. I pour in 3 individual quarts for an oil change. Liqui moly recommends a 5% ratio for Mos2 to oil and 5oz is fairly close to 5% of 3 quarts so it works out pretty nicely.

2010 GMC Terrain
2.4 Ecotec 4 cylinder
Out: unknown, unknown filter
In: Havoline synthetic 5w30, AcDelco PF457G filter

2011 Toyota Matrix
1.8 4 cylinder
Out: unknown, unknown filter
In: O'Reilly synthetic 0w20, Microgard filter(dont remember the number)

2007 Acura TSX Mighty K24, 103K miles, 5K OCI
Out: 4 quarts Halvoline Syn (box) 5w30, M1 110 filter (left on for 10K)
In: 5 quarts Valvoline Syn HM 5w30, Fram 7317 Ultra

I think it used 1 quart since last service. I let the oil filter drain for maybe 20 minutes; it felt pretty light. I think 15K would be no problem.
Also MityVac'ed Power Steering and replaced Air Filter

^^^^^^^^^
Adding on to my last post: This isn't my vehicle. It belongs to my 23-year-old niece (duh...Jeep Wrangler) and I'm making sure it is taken care of. No charge to her.

I'm not a fan of Chrysler, but I do have to say this is the easiest oil change out there. I don't have to use ramps and the cartridge filter is on top of the engine. Simply remove the top of the filter housing, remove and replace the long cartridge, change out the rubber ring gasket on the housing and screw back in. Drain, fill, done. 3 pumps on the accelerator to reset the OLM and you are good to go. Far easier and cleaner than my Fusion and Explorer with the typical canister filter (**** you Fusion engineers for your filter placement!!!) and no underbody shield to deal with.

I last changed her oil on Apr 5th of last year. She had almost 61,000 miles, so she added about 7500 and there was 8% left on the OLM.

Last edited:
Back