Post your latest oil change

THe dealer we used in NJ stated on the paperwork that it was M1. Not sure if that was true since I never saw it but that's what the paperwork showed.
Looks like it's Mobil 1 here as well, I just talked to a service writer and he confirmed that they use a company named J.A.M. Distributing for their bulk oil tanks , which is a Houston based Exxon/Mobil oil distributor .

2013 Ford F-150 with 5.0L V8 at 100,507 miles. 4.8k and 7 months on oil

Out: Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 and Motorcraft FL-500S

In: Pennzoil Platinum HM 5W-20 and Motorcraft FL-500S

2005 Toyota Sienna (3.3 V6) - 198,339 miles
Out: Supertech Synthetic High Mileage 5W-30/Champion COS3614 (going by memory)
In: Mobil Super High Mileage 10W-30/Fram Extra Guard PH3614
6,474 miles on OCI in about 5 months.

Looks like it's Mobil 1 here as well, I just talked to a service writer and he confirmed that they use a company named J.A.M. Distributing for their bulk oil tanks , which is a Houston based Exxon/Mobil oil distributor .

If that's a Toyota Dealer it might be TGMO 0W-20 since EM is the supplier. I know Motorcraft gets delivered in a ConocoPhillips Tanker.

I’ve had good luck at the local Ford Quick Lane for oil changes. Only 25 bucks for 5w30 syn blend. Air filters at WM are abt 11 bucks for future reference.

I asked her why she didn't go to the local Ford dealer. Usually, their "The Works" package is only about $40. She said the dealer wasn't doing any oil changes at that time, and the Walmart didn't have their Lube Service going, due to the virus. She thought Jiffy Lube would be cheaper than Ford. She found out wrong.

My 2018 Nissan Rogue, 43,637 miles on the car, about 2500 miles on the OCI.

Out: STP 0W20 and Nissan OEM filter
In: STP 0W20 and STP S6607 filter

I have to follow a 6 month/5,000 mile oil change with the car due to the Nissan extended warranty. I also checked and re-torqued all lug nuts to 85 ft-lbs. and found the left front and right rear wheels have each slung off a balance weight. There is no vibration that I can notice but I will get the wheels all re-balanced later this week.

17 Kia Sportage 2.4 GDI
OUT - Napa synthetic 5w30, Napa Filter
IN - Dealer provided bulk synblend Total 5w30, OEM filter

Decided to go with the dealer combo in future too, hard to beat this deal - $39 for a synblend oil change with a carwash.

I do that all the time under $25 for full synthetic and a better filter.
You prob live in your own house. I live in a condo with no garage. To change my own oil I have to pay $20 for 30 mins lift rental in a city nearby :)
I still enjoy every second of the process when I do it myself

You prob live in your own house. I live in a condo with no garage. To change my own oil I have to pay $20 for 30 mins lift rental in a city nearby :)
I still enjoy every second of the process when I do it myself
Apparently, if someone can do something better or cheaper than you, then you clearly need to know about it.

Apparently, if someone can do something better or cheaper than you, then you clearly need to know about it.
That’s fine, I don’t mind some conversation. Probably no one even need to know that this dealer oil change makes a lot of sense to me personally too haha

2004 Ford E-150, 250k, 5k on oil.
Out: Castrol Gtx synblend 5w20, left k&n filter for another round.
In: Castrol Gtx synblend 5w30, got 5 more quarts left from the 2014 $1qt sale.
IMG_20200722_165741.jpg

Back