Post your latest oil change

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Is that the latest 5w30 bottle label from Red Line?

I guess so. The engine oil, ATF, and gear lube were all fresh from Summit Racing. The power steering fluid was from my stash.

2010 Ford Fusion Sport 3.5L
47k miles, 6k on oil

Out: Mobil 1 5W-20, Napa ProSelect

In: Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20, Fram Ultra XG10575

Last edited:
2005 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6: 169,436 miles on vehicle, 1,827 miles (5 months) on oil & filter.

OUT: Unknown Valvoline 5W-30 & Federated PG4651F

IN: Pennzoil Platinum HM 5W-30 & Fram Tough Guard TG2

Last edited:
'18 Accord Hybrid, 10,018 car and oil. MM 20%

Out: FF and oil filter

In: HGMO 0W-20, M1 oil filter

It was a pleasantly warm day and I had a little trouble getting the engine to run to check for leaks.
In the driveway, even with the AC running, it just wanted to stay in EV mode.
I had to get out and drive a bit just to get the engine to run so that the oil filter could fill and I could check for leaks.

Originally Posted by painfx
Out: TGMO 0w-16

In: Mobil 1 AFE 0w-16. Feels much quieter and smoother.

What vehicle do you run that M1 AFE in ?

My V70

Out: Total Quartz 9000 Future NFC 5w30
In: Shell Helix HX8 ECT 5w40, Mann HU819X filter

Just under 1000 miles on the oil. I'm doing a couple of short changes after finding a lot of carbony crap in the filter and filter housing the first time I did it. Still some in the pleats and bottom of the housing, but less this time, so I just threw in the Shell 5w40 I had sitting on the shelf in it and I'll have another look in a thousand miles. The car saw dealer semi-syn once a year for 17 years before I got it (it was a one owner car). I've seen Volvo nerds recommend keeping to 6 months/5000 miles because these engines can be sludgers. So mine probably needs a bit of a flush out too.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Hey guys just alitte heads up info
Dropped by my local WM to buy oil and filter
The only oil filter on the shelf for my truck was M1
While standing in line I open the box to find someone had switched out the M1 for a Mopar filter...³

M1 filters here in Canada are wrapped in plastic, I guess, to prevent that from happening.

2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn, 4WD QC 5.7L Hemi w/ 8 speed ZF trans

Out: 7 qts. Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20, Fram TG10060
In: 7 qts. Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20, Fram TG10060

NOTES: No oil added over 4413 mile / 1 year OCI. OLM was at 45%. This is the last of my SOPUS oils; moving the fleet to Valvoline.

[Linked Image]

Back