Post your latest oil change

2019 Subaru Outback

Out: ?????, Carquest Filter

In: PUP 0W-20, Purolator Boss

Just bought this car for my daughter via Carvana. They said they had serviced the car before delivery and even put a little decal on the window saying the next service was due in 5K miles.

None of the fluids we topped off, the tire pressure on every tire was off too, and the kicker was the oil was jet black. I corrected everything else, and changed the oil and filter immediately.

We've normally had very good experiences with Carvana, and the car is in good mechanical shape, but this was very disappointing. Buyer beware.

I think this is the only SHELL full synthetic oil available in the U.S.. Used conventional and full synthetic for many years . Could get the full synthetic for under $2 a quart . :(

View attachment 219926View attachment 219927View attachment 219928
Its conventional. I acquired a large stash when Home Depot was clearing it out. At the time I was commuting 100 miles a day. I changed jobs and now I commute 25 miles a day. I think I'm down to 6 5qt jugs.

2019 Subaru Outback

Out: ?????, Carquest Filter

In: PUP 0W-20, Purolator Boss

Just bought this car for my daughter via Carvana. They said they had serviced the car before delivery and even put a little decal on the window saying the next service was due in 5K miles.

None of the fluids we topped off, the tire pressure on every tire was off too, and the kicker was the oil was jet black. I corrected everything else, and changed the oil and filter immediately.

We've normally had very good experiences with Carvana, and the car is in good mechanical shape, but this was very disappointing. Buyer beware.
You drove the vehicle home without first inspecting all the complaints you made here, prior to starting the engine and driving away as the new owner.
So really, you deserve 1/2 the blame.

If you bought the vehicle from Carvana and they delivered it to your home driveway, then don't sign on the dotted line and don't take the ignition keys from Carvana, without first inspecting the vehicle.

Last edited:
You drove the vehicle home without first inspecting all the complaints you made here, prior to starting the engine and driving away as the new owner.
So really, you deserve 1/2 the blame.

If you bought the vehicle from Carvana and they delivered it to your home driveway, then don't sign on the dotted line and don't take the ignition keys from Carvana, without first inspecting the vehicle.
With Carvana, you have seven day return period. I had the car thoroughly inspected by a mechanic I know and trust. The car passed with flying colors.

I also noted at the time I received the car that it needed an oil change which I was more than willing to do.

My only beef is that they told me they had changed/serviced the vehicle when they didn't. It would have been okay by me to just tell me that did nothing to the car, but to tell me it was okay and then tell me to not worry about it for another 5K is pretty horrible.

That being said, my daughter needed the car desperately so I decided to keep it.

I'm just trying to warn others about the lack of an oil change. That's all.

2008 Toyota Tundra 4WD 5.7L in signature (158K)

Out --- QSUP 5W30 & QSHM 5W30 mix. (1403 miles)

In --- 6 quarts PUP 5W30 & 1.5 quarts PUP 5W20 with same ST MP10295 for another run...
20240519_073220.jpg

Its conventional. I acquired a large stash when Home Depot was clearing it out. At the time I was commuting 100 miles a day. I changed jobs and now I commute 25 miles a day. I think I'm down to 6 5qt jugs.
I was thinking of the days of 0w-20 , 5w-20 , 5w-30 and 10w-30 . Used the SHELL Rotella Gas Truck 5w-20 and 5w-30 as well . Miss the SHELL synthetics . :(👴

IMG_4734.JPG

Last edited:
I was thinking of the days of 0w-20 , 5w-20 , 5w-30 and 10w-30 . Used the SHELL Rotella Gas Truck 5w-20 and 5w-30 as well . Miss the SHELL synthetics . :(👴

View attachment 220095

The bottle below is a leftover . It's S.N. , GF-5 . Here's some U.O.A.s' from the 2008 Toyota YARIS sedan that was purchased new . Used the Toyota 90915-YZZ1 ( or 2 ? ) . I think the 2nd oil interval may have been SHELL Full Synthetic 5w-30 due to different numbers . Could get the box of 6 from BJs Wholesale . Cost was $2 a quart when marked down . Can't remember if a manufacture rebate was used with the purchase .

IMG_5121.JPG
IMG_5125.JPG
IMG_5123.JPG
IMG_4753.JPG

Last edited:
1989 Chevrolet S10
4.3 TBI V6
Out: Mobil Special conventional 10w30, Schaeffer's Micron Moly EP, AcDelco PF52E filter
In: Swepco 306 Supreme Formula 15w40, AcDelco PF52E filter

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe
5.3 Vortec V8
Out: unknown oil, Fram Extra Guard PH3506 filter
In: Xtreme synthetic blend 10w30, Swepco 502 Oil Improver, AcDelco PF46E filter

Wifes divorced friend.
2018 Ford Escape 1.5l ecoboost. 81,000 miles on the vehicle.
Out 4.3 qts Amsoil OE 5w20
6,000 miles on oil
Off Microgaurd Select oil filter.
11,000 miles on the oil filter

In Amsoil OE 5w20
On Wix 51348 oil filter

Back