POST YOUR LATEST OIL CHANGE has reached 1000 pages!!!

Thank you @Superbuick96 for starting this. There is no other sub-forum i check daily. And a bigger thanks for tallying up individual manufactures' numbers at the end of each year.
Big props to you.
Thanks buddy! I remember when I started this thread
Thank you @Superbuick96 for starting this. There is no other sub-forum i check daily. And a bigger thanks for tallying up individual manufactures' numbers at the end of each year.
Big props to you.
Thanks for the kind words buddy! I don't have much knowledge to offer here, but I do find motor oil an interesting topic for some odd reason. I also find it interesting to see the data every year on what brands of oil members are using.

That’s one of my favorites to view!
I’m starting to back off major repairs in my garage due to back issues and lack of interest, but oil changes are not something I’ll ever give up. That post feeds my illness well.

Big props to you.
Can’t say I’m surprised as many members BITOG has. Good nonetheless 🥱🥱

And for anyone here that doesn’t like the yawn emoji: tough, as I don’t really care.

Miss Moneypenny got an oil and filter change at 63k miles earlier today.

Old Rotella jug for and red funnel for the old oil. An adjustable bungee strap to keep the coolant expansion tank out of the way. A 10 mm socket for the bolt that holds the expansion tank, an 8 mm Allen bit for the drain plug, a 27 mm socket for the oil filter housing. A 6" extension, two ratchets, and one breaker bar. Oil filter, o-ring, copper washer. The grey funnel is for the fresh oil. I'll ley you shiver with anxiety whether or not I used a torque wrench for the drain bolt and filter housing.

The tank has to be moved out of the way because the filter housing is in a slightly challenging position if you have adult-size hands. The oil filter housing is somewhat visible behind the coolant hose. Look inside the red circle.

Mr Scott's o-ring removal tool

I'll spare you the messy oil pics You all have seen old oil.

Aftermarket dipstick that can be read unlike the OEM one

Miss Moneypenny got an oil and filter change at 63k miles earlier today.

Old Rotella jug for and red funnel for the old oil. An adjustable bungee strap to keep the coolant expansion tank out of the way. A 10 mm socket for the bolt that holds the expansion tank, an 8 mm Allen bit for the drain plug, a 27 mm socket for the oil filter housing. A 6" extension, two ratchets, and one breaker bar. Oil filter, o-ring, copper washer. The grey funnel is for the fresh oil. I'll ley you shiver with anxiety whether or not I used a torque wrench for the drain bolt and filter housing.

The tank has to be moved out of the way because the filter housing is in a slightly challenging position if you have adult-size hands. The oil filter housing is somewhat visible behind the coolant hose. Look inside the red circle

Mr Scott's o-ring removal tool

I'll spare you the messy oil pics You all have seen old oil.

Aftermarket dipstick that can be read unlike the OEM one
Wrong thread :)

I couldn't find the correct thread with the Search feature. This thread here looked like it should be merged with the correct one and that's why I decided to post here instead. Otherwise i'might still be searching!
I usually resort to using a search engine outside the forum to find anything within this forum :).

I found it: I see you found it too after looking at the last page :)

Back