post your latest differential fluid change

2012 Subaru Impreza CVT

Front and rear differentials:
Out: Royal Purple (30,000 miles on fluid)
In: AMSOIL Severe Gear 75W-90 (14,000 miles on fluid so far)

2002 F150 168,000 miles

Out: no idea, looks like it was changed at least once (had some blue gasket maker on it, most say OEM is grey)

In: Lucas 75w-140 synthetic with Motorcraft XL-3 Friction Modifier.

I have heard a lot of bad about Lucas gear oil (mainly due to the Amsoil whitepaper on gear lube, but that was several years old and a different oil weight). So far no issues, rear end chatter has stopped, so I am really not worried about it.

Last edited:
Suburban 1500 Z71 -03 203192Km Front Diff
Out: No idea but some real black mess
frown.gif

In: Mobilube 1 SHC 75w90

Feels like a donkey when i didnt check the diff fluids before. A full serviced vehicle will had all fluids changed in my opinion but in this car it not looks like its been changed.
Will do the rear diff and transfercase too when back home in Sweden after this roadtrip.

Originally Posted By: V70tdi
frown.gif

Feels like a donkey when i didnt check the diff fluids before. A full serviced vehicle will had all fluids changed in my opinion but in this car it not looks like its been changed.
Will do the rear diff and transfercase too when back home in Sweden after this roadtrip.

No need for fluidchange in transfercase after this trip
frown.gif
when it gone in to parts and i get a rebuilt one mounted in Moscow. Great service and great mecanics at CheviPlus who specialiced on US cars here in Moscow.

frown.gif

No need for fluidchange in transfercase after this trip
frown.gif
when it gone in to parts and i get a rebuilt one mounted in Moscow. Great service and great mecanics at CheviPlus who specialiced on US cars here in Moscow.

^ Not a super unusual experience. And I'm not too surprised that a t-case is readily available in Moscow. Too bad you had to deal with it though.

My latest change...
Out: Royal Purple MaxGear 70W90 with about 80K miles on it
In: Valvoline SynPower 70W90.

Out: Unknown, looked quite cleaned for never touching it.

Front was pretty bad so im assuming the rear was done at some point.

In: Mobil 1 75w-140 rear and 80w90 front.

Did the transfer case also, came out very nice and red, never touched that so it porbably had 200k on it.

Last edited:
2001 mustang bullitt
8.8" 3.90 motive gears auburn pro differential
4 qts torco rgo 80-90 going from quaker state 80-90
auburn recommended a dino oil 80-90 gear oil so thats what i have run. the rgo is a bit quieter and from what i can tell runs cooler.

for my towing rig i would like to try the sgo synthetic.

Originally Posted By: jmaster
2001 mustang bullitt
8.8" 3.90 motive gears auburn pro differential
4 qts torco rgo 80-90 going from quaker state 80-90
auburn recommended a dino oil 80-90 gear oil so thats what i have run. the rgo is a bit quieter and from what i can tell runs cooler.

for my towing rig i would like to try the sgo synthetic.

The Torco RGO/SGO gear oils are some really good stuff (I've used them both in the past).
thumbsup2.gif

98 MGM 143K

OUT: Very likely stock
IN: Valvoline White bottle High performance 80W-90. Had Lucas but this site convinced me to exchange it.

Had a small leak into the parking brake, ended up changing all seals(M/C) and bearings(Timken). With some comparison shopping the bill was under $50 with the Permatex fancy rear end gasket maker.

2003 Lincoln Town Car 96,000 miles

Differential 3.27 gear ratio oil change:

To: AMSOIL 75W-90

Originally Posted By: Eric24
2014 Camaro SS

out factory fill

in Red Line GL5 75w90

Is that a clutch pack type diff in the 5th gens, or did they make a Torsen type for that IRS pumpkin??

Durango Front diff (105k miles):

out: Cover off, chocolate milk drained, cleaned with brake cleaner.
in: SuperTech semi-synthetic 75W90, 1/2" below fill hole.

Durango Rear Diff: (108k miles)
plan to replace open diff with Spartan locker.
Not sure if I should use 75W90 or 80W140.
Truck is AWD and never used for towing. leaning toward 75W90 ST like the front.

Back