Post Your Latest CAF Change!

We have a lot of these post your threads which I love not just to see what people are using but also as a secondary tracking system for maintenance 👍 I didn't see one for cabin air filters so if there is one please delete but otherwise I'll start:

2018 Mazda CX-9:

Out: Factory? Pretty dirty
In: Fram Trueair

39,357 Miles (4/11/22)

I bought a CarQuest CAF when I accidentally tore mine while trying to remove it just to tap out the debris on the ground. Getting out my CAF is Ia bit difficult in the 2015Altima(2013-18) as it can be easily destroyed in the process. It is actually a bit harder(15-20 min) to remove/install than it needs to be. But nowhere near as difficult as in some Mazda’s(4 hrs). This process should only take 3 min in any vehicle.

11K miles ago @ 113,190 mi.; 1 year, 2 months and 16 days ago.
The prior CAF change was after 22.5K miles service and not too dirty.
Ergo, 30K for the one in there now.

CharBaby: Which Mazdas take half-a-day? The ones I've done (3's and a CX-5) took the 3 minutes.

Just changed mine, it had been in about 8 months and was filthy. Mostly to avoid being bothered about it when I take my CX5 in for an OCI in a couple of weeks.

I think there was maybe 10k miles on it.
Out: Premium Guard
In: Champ/Luberfiner

CAF in the CX5 seems to get absolutely loaded up very quickly, that could just be the air in STL too though.

My Nissans are due. I dread doing them because it's a once and done endeavor with Nissan due to the terrible design. You typically ruin the filter removing it and you have to squish the new one to fit it though the hole for reinstall and hope it expands properly once it's in there.

11K miles ago @ 113,190 mi.; 1 year, 2 months and 16 days ago.
The prior CAF change was after 22.5K miles service and not too dirty.
Ergo, 30K for the one in there now.

CharBaby: Which Mazdas take half-a-day? The ones I've done (3's and a CX-5) took the 3 minutes.
Sorry not Charbaby...Changing the CAF in my '08 Mazda 3 took hours. Most of the time was spent upside down on the front passenger seat looking up at the bottom of the dash. Maybe if I was a contorttionist it would have been fun. The car is still running with about 170k but the CAF will never be changed again.

Sorry not Charbaby...Changing the CAF in my '08 Mazda 3 took hours. Most of the time was spent upside down on the front passenger seat looking up at the bottom of the dash. Maybe if I was a contorttionist it would have been fun. The car is still running with about 170k but the CAF will never be changed again.
Last round of vehicle shopping, I ruled out a few models for nonsense like that. Thankfully my 2020 CX5 is as easy to change as my Sorento was. Takes all of 5 minutes.

2014 Malibu and 2014 Cruze. Both were in service about 24 months but still looked fairly good. Would be nice to have a way to check pressure drop across old versus new filter at max blower speed. Time to change before AC season.

Out - ACDelco CF1197 C
In - AC Delco CF1197 C

I have a couple of Elantras, just checked the cabin air filters. removed reverse vacuumed them and re-installed. Took about 30 minutes in total. I don't see the need to change the filter if they still flow enough air. A slightly dirty filter removes more particles from the air and doesn't hurt the blower motor.

Changed it CAF in my 18 Legacy. Had a Wix 24511. Replaced with a Purolator BOSS PBC35667. Noticed the Wix had 23 pleats but they were thick. The Purolator had 26 and they will a little thinner. I don't think it makes a difference. It's not like the STP I bought for my wife's CR-V years ago which wasa almsot paper thin.

1656533718869.jpg

My latest CAF change . :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Replaced the filter in my wife's 2014 CR-V with an ATP HA-5 Carbon Activated Premium Cabin Air Filter. It's the last of my ATP filters. Next will be the Amazon 2 pack I got when they first came out.

Replaced the cabin air filter in the wife’s 2017 Explorer Sport. Took out a microguard and installed a Supertech. The Supertech was USA built and actually seemed of of very good construction.

Back