Post your latest boat or PWC oil and filter change

On my PWC’s I use a pump similar to this and extract it out of the dip stick. Same with my boat. Not difficult at all.

The Honda Has a dry sump and rear sump so I have to extract in 2 areas after I warm the engine.
I have this exact pump and it works great. Though I use it only on my motorcycle and zero turn mower.

This is literally a forum dedicated to motor oil guy, it's in the bloody NAME.
I agree that this is a motor oil forum. But it should also provide useful information. I don't read too many threads over 4 or 5 pages. So when you have a single thread about the last oil change a person did, one could ask how much useful information does it provide? If you had individual threads for popular vehicles then it might be more useful. But I am not going to read through 100 pages of posts in a single thread to see what the popular oil is for a F250.

I agree that this is a motor oil forum. But it should also provide useful information. I don't read too many threads over 4 or 5 pages. So when you have a single thread about the last oil change a person did, one could ask how much useful information does it provide? If you had individual threads for popular vehicles then it might be more useful. But I am not going to read through 100 pages of posts in a single thread to see what the popular oil is for a F250.
Well, should be easier for the boat section, as we won't have 100 pages of posts. I'm curious to see what people are running, and of course it might prompt the question "why?". Participation in this particular sub forum is low enough that I don't think there's much risk of this thread becoming a bear to navigate.

The PCMO thread of the same type? Yes, it's huge.

2008 Chaparral 180 SSI, Volvo Penta 3.0, 133 Total Hours
Oil Change, One season, 26 hours on oil
In, Mystik JT8 15w50, Volvo Penta OEM filter
Out = same as above ^^

IN =
IMG_9866.jpeg

Out =
IMG_9870.jpeg

Well, should be easier for the boat section, as we won't have 100 pages of posts. I'm curious to see what people are running, and of course it might prompt the question "why?". Participation in this particular sub forum is low enough that I don't think there's much risk of this thread becoming a bear to navigate.

The PCMO thread of the same type? Yes, it's huge.
That is why I found BITOG one day. Curiosity. I come here when I feel like and search old/new threads to find things I am interested in (mostly auto / lubrication related) to see what others experiences are. Enjoy lots of members sense of humor they share also. :)

In September I changed the factory engine and leg oil in our new Mercury 150 mounted to a 24 foot Trifecta tri-toon.

I replaced the factory fluids and filter with Amsoil Marine 10W30, Amsoil Marine 75W90 gear lube and a Quicksilver oil filter.

Changed the oil in my firman backup generator for my house. Delo 10w30. 19 hours on it so I should be good for a while

Attachments

• C3BB8B84-1AE0-41E8-8C1A-771FE0ADFC7F.jpg
    C3BB8B84-1AE0-41E8-8C1A-771FE0ADFC7F.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 14
Just like we have in the other forums, post your latest marine oil and filter changes.

I'll start:

Was at the cottage this past weekend and the marina, who we stored the Supra and Four Winns with this winter honoured my wishes and didn't change the oil (unlike where we stored it the previous year).

- 1995 Supra Comp TS6M inboard ski boat w/PCM (Ford) GT40 Pro Boss 351W (5.8L)
- 468 hours on unit, one season on oil/filter
Out: Mercury Marine oil filter and ???? oil
In: Fleetguard LF3487 Stratapore filter, Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40

View attachment 103686
View attachment 103687
View attachment 103688
View attachment 103689
View attachment 103690
View attachment 103691
View attachment 103692
View attachment 103693
View attachment 103694
A complete post would include the oil filter cut open and a UOA. You know the drill!!

I changed both lower fluids on my 2007 Lund Tyee Gran Sport. The Tohatsu 9.8 kicker motor received 1 quart of 10W/30 and I kept the same Rotella oil in the 115 HP Mercury just because I mainly run it 10 miles one way about 3 times per month and 10 miles back. The oil was still very clean and I will change it this spring after a couple trips out. Four stroke outboards do not get very dirty and there is very little dust or dirt when they are only run in the water. I really like 4 stroke outboards. I did a water pump impeller and housing installation myself and tested it on the water to make sure it worked properly. I do this every 5 years. I keep my boat in a single storage unit 150 miles from my house and I only have to tow it 2 miles to the Missouri River in Chamberlain SD.

Attachments

• MzC77cOZTfW6Zlyf1KCDIg.jpg
    MzC77cOZTfW6Zlyf1KCDIg.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 10
  • bvwVgkAjRAiQdhlnrYg+RQ.jpg
    bvwVgkAjRAiQdhlnrYg+RQ.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 10
  • UvogUgbgSr6g91W3QNcH7Q.jpg
    UvogUgbgSr6g91W3QNcH7Q.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 10
2016 Yamaha V-1 Sport
3.5 liters of LiquiMoly Marine/PWC 10W-40
K&N HP1008 Filter
Changed the spark plugs with 3x Bosch UR08CC

I will have an oil analysis done on what I pulled out as soon as the test kits I ordered arrive- it's in a brand new extractor so shouldn't be contaminated. Based on what the previous owner told me it was changed before I bought it, so it only had about 10 hours on the oil, and it certainly looked clean when I pulled it out so I don't expect it to be too interesting.

Also working on re-sealing the intake grate to the transom plate to hopefully fix some out of the hole cavitation. Can't wait for it to actually be warm enough to ride it again
PXL_20230304_181611646.jpg

Last edited:
Changed out my lower unit oil on my 60 hp ETEC with some quicksilver blend. I check for water every season but this is the first time I’ve changed it and the magnetic plug was fairly fuzzy. No water though.

Yamaha 200 4 stroke. 5 quarts Yamalube with Yamaha oil filter.
Buffed boat with 3M Compound-Polish. Waxed with Maguires Marine Wax.
Charge all four batteries.
Cleaned the non skid on the deck and on the T-top.
Boat is back in the slip ready to fish.
Now to find the time…

1681337676370.jpeg

Back