Post your latest beer consumption

If you're ever in Springfield, MO, I highly recommend Lost Signal brewery. An old radio station, and they still have their tower! Fantastic barbeque (I had the ribs and burnt ends) and phenomenal brews. The one in the pic is a pale ale, very sessionable in flavor, but not ABV.

Attachments

• PXL_20210326_230916982.jpg
    PXL_20210326_230916982.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1
When I were a lad...we used to drink wines from the Dalmatian vineyards of West Auckland. No fancy French wines, ports, rose, various reds, and Sauternes (I know it's a French wine) Such a fruity refreshing wine from the fridge on a hot summers day. The Daly vineyards are no more, the West Auckland vineyards have been swallowed up, and Sauternes don't seem to be the in thing anymore. I have been going through the sweet wines and have settled on Muscato as my fruity wine to keep in the fridge for a refreshing hot day drink.

I like a dark beer, my favourite was not in the shop, but this was and decided to give it a go. This family started the first commercial craft beer here in 1981, soon gobbled up by the beer giants, and still a good beer, the 2nd generation are doing it again. Not bad, it'll grow on me I'm sure - but dark beers are about the malts, and they've got some hops in there to give it a bit of bitter. I'm getting sick of this reliance of hops in every craft beer, especially when it's in a beer where it's not needed.

y9YpmYiB60Ua4wD0XcO6Q_YKVZp_s7IGG_ubPf9kTq24lpLGzGFsZs5Tdy5_1QPuRVbDHRzv112LZa1LM3-F3pXyHjtwlBZj9H0WS4OU33tJRz0

Had a Lone Star with pizza for lunch today. I do get a kick out of the responses of those folks who just have to let us know they don't drink. For those, good for you, but I like a ice cold beer on occasion.

I just got finished mowing and putting out some poison on a couple of fire ant hills. Fire ants are absolutely crazy!
Then a hawk grabs a grackle (black bird) by my front porch, sees me and takes off leaving the grackle behind. After waiting 30 minutes and no sign of the hawk coming back, I pick up the grackle, whom has no obvious injuries, and check him out. I set him on a branch in my maple tree by the feeders. Once the other grackles and cowbirds come back, he flies down and starts eating with them.
To the point of this post now, it’s a good Sunday for yard work, a cold beer, and to be a lucky grackle. 😏
Cheers everyone!

Attachments

• 98321653-CA98-4884-B8FB-861244A60401.jpeg
    98321653-CA98-4884-B8FB-861244A60401.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 12
Back