Post your latest beer consumption

I just got finished mowing and putting out some poison on a couple of fire ant hills. Fire ants are absolutely crazy!
Then a hawk grabs a grackle (black bird) by my front porch, sees me and takes off leaving the grackle behind. After waiting 30 minutes and no sign of the hawk coming back, I pick up the grackle, whom has no obvious injuries, and check him out. I set him on a branch in my maple tree by the feeders. Once the other grackles and cowbirds come back, he flies down and starts eating with them.
To the point of this post now, it’s a good Sunday for yard work, a cold beer, and to be a lucky grackle. 😏
Cheers everyone!
😍🇺🇸🇨🇦🍺

One of my favorite yearly releases
Served wit a little blue cheese
20210423_174431.jpg

Had a couple of Pensacola Bay Brewery Riptide Amber (draft) at a local restaurant last night. Could taste the hops but not overpowering. A good locally brewed amber. pensacola bay brewery.jpg

I have not seen Genesee on the West Coast outside of Portland, OR.
Genesee based in Rochester, NY has become kind of like Pabst Blue Ribbon here with their Cream Ale, which is probably what you saw in Portland. I hate it personally LOL, their regular lager is in a bland white can and tastes even blander but it is refreshing on a hot day.
W2HQG6HBWVGWNIDKEQYBVG3HWM.jpg

genesee-can.png

However Genesee has really come on with their seasonal, Kolsch, The Octoberfest, and Bock being the most popular and they are often on tap at bars for $6 a pint when you can buy them for around $10 a 12 pack. I also have a soft spot for their 12 Horse Ale...

I thought that I would give one of these a try. I must say that it is refreshing and very easy to drink. A little more citrusy than I’m used to but overall a very good drink. I’m sure that I’ll buy more of this in the future.

Attachments

• E1569429-EB0A-43E0-B7BF-ADA53702E16C.jpeg
    E1569429-EB0A-43E0-B7BF-ADA53702E16C.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 5
I thought that I would give one of these a try. I must say that it is refreshing and very easy to drink. A little more citrusy than I’m used to but overall a very good drink. I’m sure that I’ll buy more of this in the future.
That’s one of the best right there. The other is “solid gold” by Founders 🍺

That’s one of the best right there. The other is “solid gold” by Founders 🍺
This is the first Founders brewery drink that I’ve ever had and I’m glad that I tried it. I looked at their website to see what other varieties that they offered and saw the “solid gold lager” and I will definitely try that if I can find it.
I did see the Founders “Dirty Bas*ard” (Scotch ale) at my local shop and figured that I’ll try that next.
Of all of the beers that I’ve tried, I’m surprised that it took me this long to try this one.

Back