Post your last tire/wheel purchase

Fuel Ammo 18x9 +1mm, 285/70/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3
IMG_7607 (1).jpg

215/50r-17 of Pirelli Cinturado Strada GT2, a DTD-only special of the Cinturado P7. Definitely a great tire so far.

2012 Odyssey EX-L
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus 2
235/65R17

Excellent traction in wet/dry and very quiet, and they take corners very well...for a minivan, anyway.

I picked up a set of 2nd gen Forester five spoke steel wheels for winter usage. These were the ones I wanted for the car since I bought it. After four winters, finally got them!

In the worst of the pandemic lockdown last year, I bought a couple of used Goodyear Assurance Outlast (Wal-Mart model) tires from champtires.com. All of the TLE's at the local W*M's were closed. Did this to match a pair that was on the car, that already had some wear. Had my mechanic install them.

And today, just got in two of these for the Jeep:

I was given a set of three tires in that size from 2000. I bought two brand new tire recappers in the same size to run on the front of the Jeep. Well one of the 21 year old tires finally decided to come apart in the rocks. So I bought 2 more to go in the front of the Jeep (want the locker to have EXACT size) and I'll throw the 5 year old ones in the back. And keep the nicest 20 year old tire as a spare.

Feb-2020 4 Kumho TA-71 205/50/17 for my previous Subaru Impreza. I wanted something cheaper as l had already lost two expensive tires to sidewall bubbles from hitting potholes.

I put 15k miles on them before trading car in. I was pleasantly surprised by how well they performed.

Sumitomo something LRR, it was a "better" category tire for my Prius and so far I like it. Got it a few Black Friday ago on a deal for $75 ea shipped.

TIRES: Set of 4 Cooper CS-5 Grand Touring in 205-55-16 this morning.
The highway run was solid and smooth Down the road I'll let you know.

WHY: Bought a friend's pair of good used (8/32 remaining) CS-4's and they were perfect as far as I could tell.

REPLACED: A new set of 4 Goodyear Eagle RS-A's (came on the car). I got 49,439 miles out of them
They wore evenly and I have no complaints. "Everyone" mocked those tires. One guy said they'd kill me someday in the rain.

TIRES: Set of 4 Cooper CS-5 Grand Touring in 205-55-16 this morning.
The highway run was solid and smooth Down the road I'll let you know.

WHY: Bought a friend's pair of good used (8/32 remaining) CS-4's and they were perfect as far as I could tell.

REPLACED: A new set of 4 Goodyear Eagle RS-A's (came on the car). I got 49,439 miles out of them
They wore evenly and I have no complaints. "Everyone" mocked those tires. One guy said they'd kill me someday in the rain.
You bought 4 cs5s and a pair of cs4’s, am I understanding right?

Vredestein Sprint Classic 185/vr-15's on the Tr6 replacing 9 yr old versions of the same.

Not many choices in that size and they are great tires for what they are; relatively sticky, vintage handling and, importantly, just look right on a 1974.

Set of 4 Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 in 205/50-17. I like the handling, but they are noisier than the Zeon RS3-A s they replaced that were worn out. I ran into a deluge on the way home and they had no issues with about an inch of standing water in places.

4 General Exclaim HPX from Walmart. First time getting tires there. The America’s tire manager drives me insane. Had to find a new spot.
I don't know what it is, but those have been getting discounted for the past 2 months despite being a better tire than the Goodyear option.

4x 205/50R17 Kumho Ecsta 4X II KU22 for $215 plus $60 install and $80 alignment. They're used, but the tread looks decent from the listing and I hate my car and don't want to spend any more money than I have to. Kind of ridiculous that the last set of Sumitomo HTR A/S P02s I had jumped up in price about $25+ a tire

I don't know what it is, but those have been getting discounted for the past 2 months despite being a better tire than the Goodyear option.

4x 205/50R17 Kumho Ecsta 4X II KU22 for $215 plus $60 install and $80 alignment. They're used, but the tread looks decent from the listing and I hate my car and don't want to spend any more money than I have to. Kind of ridiculous that the last set of Sumitomo HTR A/S P02s I had jumped up in price about $25+ a tire
For the price I figured they are worth a try. My wife has a 60 mile commute and the Juke Nismo eats up tires. 30-40k miles is pushing it on every set I have tried.

Michelin Defender 275/55/20

In April 2021 I purchased my 5th set of Michelin Defenders for my 2011 Ford Expedition with 316k miles currently.
Paid approx $1,000
Saved the $70 tax by using my GATE card (Ga Ag Tax Exempt)
$70 Michelin Visa Rebate
Sold take offs with 75k miles and 6/32'nds tread depth left for $275 on Craigslist.
Net cost for new tires $580

Back