Post your last tire/wheel purchase

Just tires.
April-May 2020 I bough 8 tires.

4-General ALTIMAX RT43 195-65-15 for the Civic. Purchased locally as the price was the same everywhere(W*M, TR, DTD etc). $82/ea plus a $50 rebate. Installation was $20/tire(mounting, balancing, valve stems, tire disposal).

4 Pierlli Cinturato P7 A/S PLUS 215-55-17 for the Altima. Purchased on a TireRack closeout for $103.50/ea(REG. $140/ea) and a local install from the same place I bought the RT43's, who is coincidentally, a TR recommended installer. Same installed price as above.

Cooper Evolution Tour All-Season 215/60R16 95T Tire

Purchased July 24, 2020

I wanted a quiet, comfortable tire for the rough roads around here, and because I had to buy a car unexpectedly as my Buick was totaled, I needed an inexpensive set of rubber. These Coopers fit the bill perfectly ... $88.00 each, and very quiet and comfortable.

I'd like to get something a little more responsive for my next set as I'll be making more long highway trips, but for driving around town these are great. If you want a comfortable, quiet tire, these are a worthy consideration. Can't speak to how they'd behave in snow and heavy rain, as we don't get snow here and we've not had any rain in the time I've owned them.

Yokohama Geolandar g003 M/T 145/80R12.

I needed something for dirt but also had some road manners.

In 2020 I purchased some Hercules H-901 for the trailer. Great tire so far.

5 Continental Sport LX25 235/55/19

Had to buy the 5th because I punctured and destroyed one beyond repair within 10 minutes of leaving the tire shop.

• Wow
Reactions: JC1
June 2020 - 4 Michelin Defender LTX tires for my 2017 Explorer. A year in and they have met my expectation for a smooth comfortable ride and have been great in all weather conditions. Seem to be wearing well and I expect to get many years of service from these…

Got some 195 65r15 Blacklion Ciceros for $10 ea with 9/32 tread remaining. Then I found a set of aluminum Prius rims from 2011 including center caps and hubcaps that cover the center caps. Toyota belt & suspenders baby!

Then of course I wanted to see if they were round and would take a balance so I put them all together and stuck them on my 4000-mile Prius Prime. TPMS light is on since I didn't do anything with the sensors, but the tires have good grip and ride smooth! These are actually good tires, sold cheap through walmart-- who knew? (They might wear out quickly, we'll see.)

This year:
StoneFire whatever for a 2015 Altima
Bridgestone whatever for a 2013 Civic LX
Bridgestone whatever for a 2007 TSX

Pretty soon:
Michelin Pilot Sport for GS350

Coming up:

5 - 205/75-15 for the travel trailer, not sure yet but probably Goodyear Endurance because of their reputation and we've got some long trips planned in the next year. The Westlake tires on it have very few miles but they've aged out.

5 - 245/75-16 for the Xterra. Again not sure but maybe the Yoko G015s. Had them on the Titan and was happy with them. It's got Cooper AT3s on and they're a great tire but it never sees much dirt time so we just don't need something that aggressive. The Coopers still have lots of tread but they went on in January 2015 so it's time.

Last thing I bought was a set of Goodyear Assurance MaxLife tires for the Pilot the last of April. Discount Tire purchase.

My Cooper AT3 4S bought in March ’20.
IMG_20210427_172433_028.jpg

Stilll riding and wearing great. I'm currently shopping for new front tires for my JD 3032E.

From Sam's Club last week of May.
4 x Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus 2 for my Daughters CRV.
4 x Pirelli Cinturato P7 plus 2 for the Accord (and 1 replaced under road hazard a week later from pothole induced bubble).

Back in November 4x Continental Viking Contact 7 for my daughters CRV.

Not me, but my younger sis asked me for tire advice and bought Hankook Kinergy 4S2 H750 at Discount Tire. Impreza sedan.
It resembles the Michelin Cross Climate 2.

four Nokian Encompass AW01 tires
$442.89 after installation and rebate
($423.76 purchase price + $69.13 installation - $50 rebate)
purchased from Discount Tire Direct
installed at Firestone on May 12
195/65R15, 91H
600 AA
60K-mile limited treadlife warranty
11/32" tread depth (advertised as 12/32")
51 psi maximum inflation
M+S and three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol
date code 4120 (October 2020)
made in Russia

November Caravan got 4 Goodyear Maxlife tires. Rides smooth and quiet. Been great in rain. Don't know about long-term but still look new.

Put some tires from Les Schwab on the wifes 2008 Malibu LTZ, 225/50-18's last year, rides nice and smooth, quiet.
A/S Road Control Touring.

Back