Post Your Internet Speeds >>>>

i'd be in heaven with any of those speeds.
IMG_3983.PNG

• Angry
Reactions: JC1
I'm super happy...in the middle of Iowa, in the country...in the middle of nowhere and I have fiber.

I pay for 100 Mbps. I usually test in the low 100's with bursts into the 200's. and uploads in the high 50's usually. This is sitting here at my desk with Wifi.
28 Mbps using Ethernet cable and 23 Mbps using WiFi.

CenturyLink fiber, tested on my phone with Speedtest app using the CL C4000XG router they provide, which is WiFi 6. Phone used is a 2020 Samsung S20:

466 down
815 up
$65 a month

EDIT:

With my laptop connected via ethernet, I saw 855/855. Considering it's 940/940 service, I'll call that good enough.

Last edited:
I get these speeds 99% of the time from Windstream DSL ...more reliable than Spectrum. $97.xx price-for-life incl all tax-fees with bundled landline phone:

I like this thread because I'm only paying $40 (total price) a month and getting a measly 50Mbps (has tested at 59Mbps). The thing is, it fully supports one full time office person and "school" during the day with no problems. Could I get fancy and pay over $100/mth? Sure. But my service does the job.

Also a little chuckle that this is the same board where people think buying boutique oil is a "waste of money". ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JC1
I like this thread because I'm only paying $40 (total price) a month and getting a measly 50Mbps (has tested at 59Mbps). The thing is, it fully supports one full time office person and "school" during the day with no problems. Could I get fancy and pay over $100/mth? Sure. But my service does the job.

Also a little chuckle that this is the same board where people think buying boutique oil is a "waste of money". ;)
But those speeds may not work for others, and different markets have different prices for similar performance, as well as different availability.

My mom does not need 100/10, but that is the slowest she can get and get the cable channels she wants.
She would be fine with 20/5, but the cable company does not offer that as a bundle deal with cable.
Before her move from the country to suburban, she was paying $75/month for DSL and phone, with speeds of 0.75/0.5.
Yes, barely better than dial up speeds. But it was that or satellite, which is a lot more. She paid another $60/month for her satellite TV.
She now pays $110 for internet/cable with much, much faster speeds and more channels.

I am fine with my 75/5 for $45/month. Sure 300/20 would be nice to get some of those occasional large files a bit faster, but not enough to justify the cost.

Network gear is one subject where spending more money truly does get you a significantly better product. But the price rift between some Walmart special and robust AIO firewall solution is a lot more than the difference between Supertech and Mobil 1.

AT&T Internet, fiber to the house. "Internet 100" service is the minimum speed nowadays. I guess I should quit complaining about the cost. It's $35 a mo. including modem an old grandfathered deal "as long as my account stays in good standing" , bundled with home phone which I need, and adds another $40 to the bill.

speedtest020521.jpg

I'm on a 100 Mbps tier from AT&T (DSL). I think it's supposed to be 100 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up. I have QOS configured on the router to avoid saturating the link and to help with buffer bloat.

From a PC hardwired to the router:
67263662.png

From a PC over wi-fi:
67263642.png

From a phone over wi-fi:
67263492.png

I feel like I'm back in the stones age. Paying for 16 mbps. Getting 14.2. download. 1.32 mbps upload. And for this unbelievable speed we pay $72/month. We are on Windstream DSL internet only, no phone service, and that's all we can get. All is not lost though. Our local power provider offers high speed fiber internet and they have agreed to provide our small mountain community with it. Construction to start in a few weeks. I will be dropping Windstream like a bad habit when it happens.
Yikes!
It might be worth it to you to check out TMobile Home Internet. You can't do any worse if its available to you and most likely MUCH better for less money

AT&T Internet, fiber to the house. "Internet 100" service is the minimum speed nowadays. I guess I should quit complaining about the cost. It's $35 a mo. including modem an old grandfathered deal "as long as my account stays in good standing" , bundled with home phone which I need, and adds another $40 to the bill.

View attachment 44252
Wow! This is what makes no sense - I also have ATT, no fiber in my neighborhood but in various parts of the city. I pay $55/month for vdsl 28/6.

Yikes!
It might be worth it to you to check out TMobile Home Internet. You can't do any worse if its available to you and most likely MUCH better for less money
I followed your thread discussing the TMobile Internet service. I was intrigued with the concept and wondered if it would would work in our mountain environment. When the power company came out to determine if they would provide us with the service, we had to provide them with at least eight signed service request from a total of thirteen homeowners willing to take the service before they would agree to install the fiber. We easily got all thirteen to sign one. So at this point unless they cancel, we are locked in. Two weeks ago the construction manager was on my property with two contracting outfits bidding on our work order. This should have been installed last fall but bad weather and illness took its toll on their construction crews. Work should begin within the next two weeks.

20210206_192901.jpg

I wired my laptop directly to the router finally, since all I do is use it on the couch. Here's the results. Centurylink may catch a lot of flak, but for $65 a month I'll gladly take their service over Com-crap.

Back