Post Your Internet Speeds >>>>

I like this thread because I'm only paying $40 (total price) a month and getting a measly 50Mbps (has tested at 59Mbps). The thing is, it fully supports one full time office person and "school" during the day with no problems. Could I get fancy and pay over $100/mth? Sure. But my service does the job.

Also a little chuckle that this is the same board where people think buying boutique oil is a "waste of money". ;)

I think this correlates to "how you drive it". If I just go back and forth to work in my car and change it at 3,000 miles, you are right. If I tow max load under hot conditions and tend to extend my drain intervals, maybe it is worth it. For me and my family, my wife and I are now working from home with nearly back to back to back video conference calls. My son has schooling from home with video calls. My two daughters and their husband/boyfriend come over and stream non-stop. So yeah, honestly, there are times my fiber can barely keep up with demand.

Today's not so hot I've seen better speeds unless its this garbage Kindle HD 8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210211-162520.png
    Screenshot_20210211-162520.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 18
Wow! This is what makes no sense - I also have ATT, no fiber in my neighborhood but in various parts of the city. I pay $55/month for vdsl 28/6.
Before I got fiber in 2015, I had 60 year old copper phone lines and ATT DSL with a fraction of the speed something like 5 mb down and 1 mb up, and the combined package was pushing $80 a mo. Then in 2017 ATT converted to digital home phone 'VOIP" and a new internet package that was a lot faster at the time, 50 mbps up and down, with assurances of "No Surprises" on bills (Old Mark Wahlburg ad for ATT Internet "$30 a mo., equipment included, no surprises", yeah right!) and phone much "cheaper" than traditional copper land lines because so the story went the landline fees did not apply to VOIP. Oh how that has changed. Now they are applying most if not all of those landline fees and taxes which adds a full 50% to the phone side of the bill. My bill has inched up every month to about the same it was when they converted me to fiber and VOIP. The internet side has gone to $35 a mo since then, and they recently bumped me up to Internet 100, I was at 50, for no additional cost supposedly, but where they get me is on the phone side. I don't recall having two bills in a row that didn't go up a little every month. They do nickel and dime you to death.

On my phone with Wi-Fi at home (Comcast)

More than I need, wish I could downgrade and save some money but it’s part of a tv/internet bundle.

DE84922D-F69F-400F-A09B-1EF35539152B.jpeg

I have fiber through our local phone company. 150 down, 150 up. That is plenty for us.

For hardware I have a Dell Optiplex running OPNsense as the main router/firewall with a few WIFI access points.

On my phone with Wi-Fi at home (Comcast)

More than I need, wish I could downgrade and save some money but it’s part of a tv/internet bundle.

View attachment 80483
Yeah, we have Spectrum internet only, they keep RAISING THE PRICE and increasing speeds that can not be used (and they know it) except for those whom may download movies ect. More or less they wont let you buy less service, simply because it doesnt cost them anymore for faster service and they want the mark up in price.
Anyway, I have no choice, YET. I did cancel a while back then 30 days later signed up again at $49 but that will go to $75 again in Feb 2022>
Im waiting and HOPING TMobile Home Internet upgrades our local towers here by then. If so I will be able to get 100Mbps service for $50 actual cost.
This is our current Spectrum, we pay for 200 Mbps basic min. service always get about 10% more speed,
Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 8.22.58 AM.png

Last edited:
AT&T fiber basic service started out 50 Mbps which was great and they have upgraded twice since for a mere $35 /mo. equipment included (old "no surprizes" promo deal offered in 2015 got me that). Not bad for checking email and perusing forums.

speedtest-dec21.jpg

Last edited:
225-ish down
20 up

Spectrum on their "up to" 400 plan. Took me about a year to swap out the updated cable modem but it works pretty well. Especially since we're "remote".

Naw, just a reminder to check that our ISP is delivering as promised.

View attachment 80494

Currently $60/month for 1g each way. AT&T Gigapower FTTP
Yes and if your not getting the speed promised, first make sure you are measuring it correctly, second make sure its not your equipment causing the slower speed by doing a speed test at the modem with a cable IF possible.

Then complain to the FCC, watch how fast the internet provider responds. 🙃

We use a hotspot on our AT&T cell phones, it is very glitchy so when the speeds slow down we go outside and jiggle the handle on the door of the outhouse, it seems to help.

Yes and if your not getting the speed promised, first make sure you are measuring it correctly, second make sure its not your equipment causing the slower speed by doing a speed test at the modem with a cable IF possible.

Then complain to the FCC, watch how fast the internet provider responds. 🙃
Very true. My results from "inside" the browser were 2/3rds of what the stand alone app produced.

Both on the same wired desktop device.

Even speedtest recommends the standalone app for connections faster than 100mb/sec.

Spectrum
Pay for 500 Down 20 Up.
Using a Netgear NightHawk wireless router on 5Ghz band.
Macbook Pro with Firefox as browser.

Speed Test.jpg

iPhone on 5Ghz Wifi

IMG_2389.jpeg

iPhone on LTE 4G Verizon Network Extender

IMG_2390.jpeg

Very happy with the performance. esp being in the woods - upstate, NY.

Last edited:
HTC fiber not as fast as fios

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211213-072041_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211213-072041_Samsung Internet.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 9
Back