Post Your Internet Speeds >>>>

I have Blast internet thru Xfinity with speeds up to 300 mbps
Cable internet on my computer is 240 mbps
Wifi on my smartphone is 20 mbps

Local phone company provides 1 gig fiber right to the house. I get > 800mbps on my computer which is connected via ethernet. Media center computer downstairs averages about 400mbps through 5ghz WiFi using a Linksys WRT3200ACM router. My mobile device speeds vary depending on where in the house you happen to be, I've seen as high as 500mbps when using the 5ghz band.

While a 4k movie is streaming, we pay for 100Mbps. Test done on my iPhone, the router is in a less than ideal location under a stair well in the “basement” of our tri level.
906334BF-2049-4B71-9950-B22672FAB0C4.jpeg

For me, I have Comcast Performance Plus 75/5, testing shows I get 90/5, wired and wireless.
Old Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 modem and a Linksys EA8300 tri-band router (my old Linksys AC1900 recently died).

Mom has a Comcast 100/5 plan, gets 110/5 wired and wireless.
Motorola MB7220 modem and a Netgear R6700.

Last edited:
I have Blast internet thru Xfinity with speeds up to 300 mbps
Cable internet on my computer is 240 mbps
Wifi on my smartphone is 20 mbps
Hey guys I was hoping you would post the same info me and 92 saturn did.
1) Internet speed your paying for.
2) What you are actually getting on computer (ethernet)
3) Mobile device speeds (wifi) . TY

I have (I think) 200/200 Fios, but it’s slow currently.

CE570A21-C971-41D6-A739-96660C162D62.png

Cloudflare warp drops it to about 80/40.

weird.... my iPhone 12 Pro gives me much better speed...

DACA8234-39E1-4AC4-89E6-51FFD60EDCEE.png

The image is from my PC, my I-pad in the same room as the router scored 420 down / 470 up / 3ms.

1 gig service is completely unnecessary for most things, but it does come in handy when downloading large images, Windows updates, most large files off the net. Most any top-tier sites (Microsoft, Apple, Ubuntu/Linux distros, etc.) or peer-to-peer downloads (assuming enough hosts) will saturate my connection even during peak hours.

st.jpg

TWC plan paying for 300/20.
Network equipment: Arris SB8200 modem w/ DOCSIS 3.1 connection - Netgear RAX80 wireless router - TP-Link Gigabit Switch - Realtek 2.5GbE onboard LAN (PC)

Wired connection. Similar speeds on iPhone 12 Pro Max line of sight from wireless router.
10848932161.png

I have mid-tiered Internet service through ComCast/Xfinity. 200mbps down-about 7 up. $106.00 w/modem. No other viable high speed options.

I feel like I'm back in the stones age. Paying for 16 mbps. Getting 14.2. download. 1.32 mbps upload. And for this unbelievable speed we pay $72/month. We are on Windstream DSL internet only, no phone service, and that's all we can get. All is not lost though. Our local power provider offers high speed fiber internet and they have agreed to provide our small mountain community with it. Construction to start in a few weeks. I will be dropping Windstream like a bad habit when it happens.

What site did you use for the test?
DSLReports. Speedtest is great for verifying you’re getting what you pay for, but the bufferbloat test DSLReports does also tests how good your router is... important if you’re gaming or doing a lot of video calls as high bufferbloat will cause stuttering and lag spikes.

If you do it from a mobile phone the results page may not display the graph, requesting the desktop website fixes it.

I'm super happy...in the middle of Iowa, in the country...in the middle of nowhere and I have fiber.

I pay for 100 Mbps. I usually test in the low 100's with bursts into the 200's. and uploads in the high 50's usually. This is sitting here at my desk with Wifi.

Back