Post your current MPG

I haven't reset my Scangauge in my Civic for over 2000 miles now and the average for that distance is sitting at 33.1 MPG. Not bad considering the extremely cold winter we've been having here, combined with the winter blend of gas.

Tundra, 99% at 60mph, last couple of tanks were 17.8-18mpg. Ouch. Then again, it was like 10F the whole time (and still is).

Jetta, 75% at 75mph, 48.5mpg. Similar temps, although I generally drive the truck on colder days.

Haven't asked what the Camry does.

Over the last 55845mi, 31.1mpg average in the Accord.

Over the last 12829mi, 30.9mpg average in the Miata.

Second data point: Filled up Sunday with 288.9 miles on the Trip 1 meter since last Saturday; 25.02 mpg. I suspect that's due partly to a little fun road trip I did last Sunday morning, averaging about 65 most of the way. AFE = 25.9; average speed about 30 mph. So the car's AFE meter is pretty darn close to the result of the fillup/calculation method.

Third data point: Filled up today, 366.0 miles, a shade over 16 gallons, for 22.75 mpg. Again my usual 70% city driving, with 3 24-mile round trips to the 'burbs in the two-week period. Weather has been chilly, but not below freezing. The Average Fuel Economy meter said 22.9; average speed about 24 mph. So again, the car's meter is quite close to the fillup/calculation method.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the mpg of this car. To me a normally-aspirated 4cyl. should do a bit better than that. Maybe it's that I have to rev it some on takeoff. Now that I'm used to the way the Regal rides, I may try bumping up the tire pressure 1-2 pounds over the stock 33, and see what effect that has.

I reset my Scangauge in my Civic yesterday, after 2250 miles, and the average worked out to 32.5 MPG. The weather should be warming up real soon, and winter gas will be disappearing soon too, so my average MPG should be higher next time around. I took a highway trip yesterday to Niagara on the Lake (just over an hour's drive) and got 43.3 MPG on that trip.

Did my first long highway run with 17s on the Kitacam and I got a bit less mpg @ constant 75mph...down 1mpg to 34...still, not a bad trade off (if that 1mpg difference can in fact be attributed to them) for a much better ride....in town I still get 24ish....

Last edited:
So are those figures typical for a Toyota Camry?

My charger gets only a few mpg less than your Camry does on the highway. In the city I'm lucky to get 20 however I'm lead footing it pretty often.
I smile and get the warm fuzzies knowing that my hemi can achieve near economy car fuel consumption and I don't have to drive,or be seen in one.
Mds should be standard on every cars engine built.
I love knowing I can putt putt along just sipping fuel and when I floor it the car launches.

Our Camry does something like 32 in winter to 36 in summer--varies a lot, as it gets lots of short-ish trips (5-10 miles); thankfully it has a very small cooling system and warms up stupid fast, so short trips it shrugs off. It hates me though, as I get about 28 when loaded up with the family (4 people, loaded trunk, 80mph).

Did my first long highway run with 17s on the Kitacam and I got a bit less mpg @ constant 75mph...down 1mpg to 34...still, not a bad trade off (if that 1mpg difference can in fact be attributed to them) for a much better ride....in town I still get 24ish....

Originally Posted By: Clevy
So are those figures typical for a Toyota Camry?

My charger gets only a few mpg less than your Camry does on the highway. In the city I'm lucky to get 20 however I'm lead footing it pretty often.
I smile and get the warm fuzzies knowing that my hemi can achieve near economy car fuel consumption and I don't have to drive,or be seen in one.
Mds should be standard on every cars engine built.
I love knowing I can putt putt along just sipping fuel and when I floor it the car launches.

@ 80mph I used to get 34-35mpg with 15s, @ 70mph I'd get 35-36mpg...now with 17s, perhaps a bit less...in town, suburban-type Florida summer driving, I get 24-25mpg...

Ouch.

My car has a lifetime average of nearly 18 mpg. This includes over 200 passes at the strip and many road course track days!

You simply cannot use the engine much on public roads or you will get arrested!

Sadly with winter driving and lots of short trips/warm ups 17.5MPG on premium with our 07 Acura MDX.

Our 2005 Legacy turbo wagon gets 23MPG in the winter with lots of highway commuting albeit at 80MPH.

Just filled up this morning, got 24.6 on my last tank. I've been averaging about 23 lately so you can see this one had a little more highway use. Still, not bad.

Took our RV roundtrip to Houston, TX. 1977 miles - 216 gallons of fuel and 9.11MPG average. Worst was 8mpg (Fort smith to Harrisonville lots of hills and wind!) best was 10.4 (Galveston to Shreveport). Averaged 60-65MPH. Some of the best tanks and the tank after was after adding MMO.

Last edited:
Just calculated the gas mileage for the Cherokee since the begining of the year. Granted, only 3 tanks, but average of 11 MPG! Bad!

Focus has been barely above 30.

Back