Post your current MPG

Have no idea what I get in the legacy, have not checked in years. The on board mpg computer has been out of spec since I upgraded injectors. I have not looked at the price of gas in three plus years. I have to run 93 in both the legacy and Boxster. Prefer shell, but will run exxon or chevron 93 if on the road. Just decided not to worry about it at some point.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: Clevy
25.3 highway on the charger.

Well in the few days since I changed over to M1 5w-20 I've lost 3 mpg on my consistent highway commute.
And I was trying out the cel code display on the dash and I had a code up.
It was for incorrect oil viscosity if you can believe that.
And I lost mileage as well. It's odd to be honest,that right after I change the oil I get an oil too thick cel and lost mpg.
I find it hard to believe that the oil in the jugs weren't labelled properly however after what Mobil did after Katrina I certainly wouldn't rule out that possibility.
The only other possibility is that the oil that was already in the car at purchase time thinner than the M1 I'm using now.
Dunno.

I averaged 28Mpg in the M5 on 100% highway with M1 0w-40 in the sump
wink.gif

2013 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited

The wife: 33.4 mpg avg. combined city/highway over 100 miles

Me: 29.1 mpg avg. combined city/highway over 62 miles

Still on factory fill 0W-20 with under 200 miles total

Filled two cars yesterday;

BMW went 480 miles on 13.8 gallons or 34.8 mpg

'12 Accord went 489 miles on 18.8 gallons or 26 mpg

Paid $3.25/gal

Wife is using the Accord over the summer and most of her commute is in traffic, so fuel economy is not as good as what I saw when I was using the car. It's still probably 15% better than the Forester, though.
The Accord has taken as much as 19.2 gallons, shortly after the low fuel came on. This is out of a rated tank capacity of 18.5.

My 2014 Mustang says it is getting 16.1mpg per the on-board computer. My Gas Cubby app says I am getting 16.3 which is actually higher than the average. She has about 921 miles on her.

That being said, the loud pedal is intoxicating.

2000 Saturn SL1. 147,533 miles. Currently averaging 35 MPG. With just a little bit of effort I have no doubt I can get it back to its original performance, which is 39 MPG avg.

Overall average: 20.39MPG

However during my recent roadtrip I averaged between 23.5 and 24.5MPG per tank of gas. The engine enjoys cruising on the highway at 65-80MPH.

I have found on my Grand Cherokee (3.6) that if I keep the speedometer at 100 khp (about 62 mph) it takes 10 liters for 100 km, at 110 kph it takes 11 liters for 100 km. At 120 kph, it takes 12 liters per 100 km.

I just returned from a 1000 mile trip around the eastern Oregon desert and got 30mpg for the entire trip. That includes driving up to the 8000' road around crater lake from sea level
Lots of 55mph two lane roads through some pretty sparse country
My commute is 20 miles round trip of generally stop and go hilly streets. I usually get 25mpg for that drive
Anybody have any instrumentation to display your fuel economy?
I've got a simple vacuum gauge and by keeping the load on the engine reasonably light I've upped my fuel economy by about 3mpg since installing it

Not that I would ever get this kind of mpg if I drive it but the wife now has something to strive for in her 2013 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited.

First fillup in the '11 Buick Regal non-turbo: 22.96 mpg over the last 13 days, 70% city driving, about 65 mph on the interstate, on non-ethanol regular, tires at 34 lbs. A little lower than I'd hoped, though not out of line with what other Regal drivers report. The Average Fuel Economy readout was around 23.4-23.6 for the last few days as it established its baseline, so it's not far off, unlike the 10% too high figure the Park Avenue always gave. The weather has been chilly and damp here too (though nothing like what many Midwesterners and Northeasterners have been going through).

This time I zeroed out not only the Trip 1 odometer, but the AFE readout and the average vehicle speed. It'll be interesting to see what they report in two weeks or so.

I put Mohawk 94 octane and cranked up the timing a bit. I got 23mpg on ethanol polluted fuel.
Went back to shell 91 octane and got 28mpg on the drive home,no wind to speak of. I love mds. Once we get back to summer fuel I expect over 30mpg again.
I didn't use any mos2 in this oil fill. It was ultra 5w-20. I wanted to see what if anything changes without mos2 in the oil considering I've already used cera-tec and mos2 in the last oil fill.
I've lost a couple mpg however its tough to get any real accurate numbers because on those -30 morning I'm letting it warm up for 20 mins.
Regardless I'm not complaining. I'm getting better mileage than the chargers with 6ers are getting and I'm having way more fun doing it too.
I've got a diablosport intune tuner. Great little device. Definitely more responsive and now I can see what the car can really do with no speed limiter.

My last 3 tanks in the G35 have been between 17 and 18 mpg. Mixed driving.

The last three in the FX45 were all 16.7 - slower mixed driving.

The 528i is currently is at 25.5 for the last 10k miles, also mixed driving.

Back