Post your current MPG

I've gassed up a few more times with the Regal -- I can go 14 days between fillups easily, whereas the Park Avenue's low fuel light would have been glaring at me. The Regal seems to have settled at about 23 mpg for my usual usage: 70% city, a 20-mile round-trip commute with faster highway speeds in the morning than in the evening. And 4-6 24-mile, highway-speed round trips to the suburbs per month.

This weekend I drove 120 miles round trip to Houma, LA, along U.S. 90. This highway, well-paved for the most part, varies its speeds from 35 to 70, has some long stretches without lights and several where lights swarm like fireflies. I haven't filled up yet, but the driver's info center is reporting about 26 mpg -- and the DIC has been pretty close to the results I get with the calculation method.

Got my best tank of the winter last tank on my Buick, 16 mpg. Had good amount of interstate miles on that tank.

Worst I've seen all city driving this winter was 12-13 mpg. I kept it in 3rd gear lockout for awhile to avoid lugging and also I have a lead foot. I worry about the input shaft on 4th combined with the firm shifts.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Benzadmiral:

Wasn't there a post on here somewhere where you were looking into buying a fairly new Toyota Avalon ?

Yes, late last year I checked into an '06 and then a later one, maybe '08 (?), as being an equivalent to my Park Avenue. I didn't love the first car, hated the dealer, and the second car proved to have a leaking timing cover, so I passed on both. The Buick Regal came along right after New Year's.

Currently averaging 33.8 MPG over the last 1100 miles in my Civic. Warmer weather is coming and the winter gas will be gone soon, yay!
smile.gif

I'm averaging 23.9 MPG in my Corvette over the past 400 miles. It still amazes me how a 400hp car can knock down mileage like this. It's best ever has been 37.0 at a steady 60 mph on the highway. I can't wait to get a C7 someday, they get even better mileage, and with 60 more horsepower too!

Most recent fill-ups on both vehicles:

'11 Accord 4-cyl AT - 31.1 in suburban/highway driving
'05 xB MT - 40.1 in mostly suburban driving

The Accord is averaging just under 31 since we got it five weeks ago. The xB is averaging 39.3 since September of last year.

I entered in every receipt that I could find on my '04 Jetta (two or three missing). Bought with 30 miles, last fillup at 292,229, 6,091.2 gallons of D2, 172.1 gallons biodiesel, 46.7mpg overall. Last 4 tanks of fuel were 45 to 46mpg, driven mostly at 75+ on the highway (some 60mph backroads too).

Latest fill-ups on "my" cars:

2007 Mazdaspeed 3: 29(highway)
1995 318ti Club Sport: 28(suburban/highway)
1975 2002: 19(urban)
1999 Wrangler: 17(urban/suburban)

I'm getting 17.8 according to my mileage computer mixed with highway and city driving. I replaced a dragging brake caliper which helped dramatically.

2007 A6 3.2 25.5mpg mostly highway a little traffic.I drive approx 400-500 miles weekly
2008 jetta 2.5 29mpg, wifes commuter. She can get in crazy traffic going over the verranzano bridge. She drives 500 miles weekly.
2008 X3, Wifes weekend car, 20mpg

2011 Buick Regal, 2.4L engine: At fillup yesterday, the DIC reporting 27 mpg, I calculated 26.7 thanks to a highway run last Saturday up to Gonzales, LA, an hour each way. I ran at 65-70 the whole way, bringing my average speed in the DIC up to 31 (!) for this fillup interval.

2011 Buick Regal, 2.4L engine: On Good Friday I visited a new station to me, a Sunoco place with "NO ETHANOL HERE" signs all over. The stuff was $3.60/gal., but I was down to fumes. So I filled up and drove 410 miles in the last 15 days. Result: 25.5 mpg!

Disclaimer: The gas pump at the Walmart (E10 gas, alas) where I was forced to refuel might have clicked off a little early, so my number might be closer to 25 (the DIC reported 24.7). And I ran a bottle of Techron concentrate through the car's remaining 11 gallons or so last week. So more than one variable has changed. But if this gas bumps me from 23 to ~25, it will be worthwhile topping off whenever I'm out there.

Wow, there's some good mpg numbers here. My Challenger got 26 combined last time I checked with 89 octane (I get about 2 mpg better using it) and Lucas fuel additive. EPA highway 25.

Last Sunday my usual ethanol-free place was out of gas, so I filled up with E10 at WM. Today I stopped back at the Sunoco place -- but they were closed at 10 am on a Saturday!! (I hate living in a city that's Third World and proud of it.)

So I stopped at another station that's close to me, and which trumpets "No Ethenol" [sic]. Well, my stars and garters, but I got 23.18 mpg on the E10 gas! It must be the hotter weather, as I haven't driven any differently. We'll see how the 50-50 mix of E10 and E0 works when I top off next week.

Back