Post what you used in your first car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First oil in my 99 Honda Prelude (my first car...yes I'm young) was GC 0w30. After a few oil changes I found it too "heavy" for the Honda so I went to Amsoil ASL 5w30 which I used for 60K then switched to PP 5w30 when we picked up the RDX and I caught the BITOG STASHING epidemic.

Now I'm on my 2nd and 3rd car (TL and MAX)

'63 Chevy II, 194c.i.; then installed a 327/300hpwr. Worked at a Sunoco station in Aberdeen, MD. Used the stock oil there which was Sunoco & Q.S. with the always popular Fram.

1986 grand marquis with 5.0L. Used Trop Artic 10w-40 all season motor oil and purolator blue oil filters. Man, how times have changed.

Last edited:
1963 Buick Skylark and 1962 Impala.

I'm 30 and I owned these cars in about 1998.

Did Mobil have an oil with Pegasus on it around that time? I vaguely remember buying oil at Walmart that had a picture of Pegasus on it. It may have been in a blue bottle. But, I could be completely misremembering.

Last edited:
I am one of the worst.
Straight 40
In VW bug and Triumph Spitfire.
And, in Chicago winters.
Somehow always got started, but I keep things in good tune.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
1963 Buick Skylark and 1962 Impala.

I'm 30 and I owned these cars in about 1998.

Did Mobil have an oil with Pegasus on it around that time? I vaguely remember buying oil at Walmart that had a picture of Pegasus on it. It may have been in a blue bottle. But, I could be completely misremembering.

Yes, they did.

In 1971 I started driving a 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass. I used any 30 weight detergent oil I could find, as long as it was in a fancy-looking can. At the Pep Boys, it was usually stuff by Chevron that they had stocked. I also used Arco Graphite at times.

First and only was Royal Triton in a '57 Ford 292... After I found it got about 200 mi on a qt of oil, I started using QS HD in straight 30 or 40W...

First car, which I still have, is a 96 Pontiac Grand Prix. First oil change was Mobil 1 10-30. Then it got Mobil 1 5-30 before ending up with Valvoline or Napa Synthetic 5-30.

Hard 4 me 2 remember back then but I want to say it was a QS product.
I do remember later and a few cars & trucks later, when I went to switch to a synthetic (want to say Mobil oil) in my 65 GTO, I took it out a couple days later because it seemed like water compared to the thick dino I was using then. My 1st time trying it and didn't know what to expect - I think that was around late 70s.
That was when I was messing around with the 6-pac on that 389 and ended getting my hair on fire and burning a little off.

1967 Dodge Coronet 440 with a tired 318/ 3 speed. Used whatever was available cheap. I grew up on a farm and there was always plenty of Kendall SAE 30 or 15W-40 around for the John Deere diesel tractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back