Post office is officially a joke

I don’t mail much - but when I do (stay serious now) - I only do Priority Mail - no regrets …
Luckily for me if I have to mail anything I use UPS or FEDEX overnight. I stopped at post office while back asking about priority stuff and of course young person there was no help to me at all. I walked out

I suspect because we all complain on social media, we used to grin and bear it and not dwell on it. :unsure:
Im sure USPS is much more reliable then decades ago.
That’s not true at all. Mom has mailed stuff locally and stuff never got there. That’s a shame for what people pay and expect from USPS. What’s the worst is you don’t even have to take civil service test to apply for post office job.

That’s not true at all. Mom has mailed stuff locally and stuff never got there. That’s a shame for what people pay and expect from USPS. What’s the worst is you don’t even have to take civil service test to apply for post office job.
We all speak from our experiences and have to respect what may be different for each other.
I made my post as far as mine for well over 50 years or mailing and getting mail.

Im hard pressed to remember a time, if ever, that a payment may not have made it somewhere to where I mailed it or anything I ever mailed or was mailed to me.
Like my previous post in here, one thing I would remember for sure if I didnt get was a monthly rent check that I have been getting for the last 25 years at a mix if different addresses when I moved.

My post about social medai is valid for any subject. Example =
There are 160,000,000 (one hundred sixty million) mailing addresses in the USA Just imagine thousands complaining online about mail delivery including the media and it would still be a fraction of 160,000,000 that they make sound like a problem.

Last edited:
For all the haters and people thinking my friend is bad: lady called me telling me her landlord finally got the rent money. The money went Al way to Ohio and sat there for 7 days. It was sent to Darlington PA as my friend went there and asked about lost mail. Sure as the sun rises it was there. She then hand delivered it to her landlord. So, YES post office system is BROKEN.

PS: I help this woman with cat stuff, getting her cats food, etc as she is salt of earth lady. Sorry to vent. God bless you all

For all the haters and people thinking my friend is bad: lady called me telling me her landlord finally got the rent money. The money went Al way to Ohio and sat there for 7 days. It was sent to Darlington PA as my friend went there and asked about lost mail. Sure as the sun rises it was there. She then hand delivered it to her landlord. So, YES post office system is BROKEN.

PS: I help this woman with cat stuff, getting her cats food, etc as she is salt of earth lady. Sorry to vent. God bless you all
So you heard a story about a lost rent payment, from a neighbor who told you about her girlfriend and the system is broken? It might be broken for her but it sure isnt broken for me. Im certainly not going to trash the USPS and their employees because of a lost letter no matter what reason.

I would be interested to see how she filled out the envelope but it doesnt matter, some people just have a problem no matter what they do in life, its sad, I know one of those people too. Some of the most simple tasks in life turn into headaches and I do feel for them. Sometimes for no other reason then a roll of the dice things just go wrong for them.

Last edited:
So you heard a story about a lost rent payment, from a neighbor who told you about her girlfriend and the system is broken? It might be broken for her but it sure isnt broken for me. Im certainly not going to trash the USPS and their employees because of a lost letter no matter what reason.

I would be interested to see how she filled out the envelope but it doesnt matter, some people just have a problem no matter what they do in life, its sad, I know one of those people too. Some of the most simple tasks in life turn into headaches and I do feel for them. Sometimes for no other reason then a roll of the dice things just go wrong for them.
That's a little harsh man.

And so is the thread title.

The story probably is truthful and honestly, mailing a due check with only two days to spare - and expecting it to arrive on time - is nuts.

I see no further reason to rag on 53. I think he will think of better thread titles in the future.

"Friend with limited capacity actually expected the extremely pokey USPS to deliver a 1st Class letter in two days.....not at all sure what she was thinking" Plenty to choose from there.

It’s not a story. Pablo is right; it’s pretty downright harsh and or rude. We aren’t in a perfect worlld. Point I’m making from this true event is for what postal workers are paid, etc I’d expect a lil’ bit of service.

That's a little harsh man.

And so is the thread title.

The story probably is truthful and honestly, mailing a due check with only two days to spare - and expecting it to arrive on time - is nuts.

I see no further reason to rag on 53. I think he will think of better thread titles in the future.

"Friend with limited capacity actually expected the extremely pokey USPS to deliver a 1st Class letter in two days.....not at all sure what she was thinking" Plenty to choose from there.
🤣🤣🤣

Well, even my landlord has had issues with post office as bills he paid are late, one of his renters near him paid extra for better service and delivery and got screwed. Landlord went to his post office; the mail he was waiting for was in a bag of lost and found things 🤬🤬🤬🤬

It’s not a story. Pablo is right; it’s pretty downright harsh and or rude. We aren’t in a perfect worlld. Point I’m making from this true event is for what postal workers are paid, etc I’d expect a lil’ bit of service.
Because of a lost piece of mail that you haven't even seen how it was addressed from a person you don't even know? Then state that you expect more and trash the USPS and its employees??
Sorry man but you’re way off base and so is Pablo.

Because of a lost piece of mail that you haven't even seen how it was addressed from a person you don't even know? Then state that you expect more and trash the USPS and its employees??
Sorry man but you’re way off base and so is Pablo.
Are you saying I should be a postal employee? I know I sure would try that’s for sure. When they don’t take outgoing mail off your mailbox: please tell
Me what’s wrong with that picture. And yes it happens a lot in my tiny town

Just bought 200 stamps to avoid the July 9 increase.

$62.75 at costco, saved $0.25.

$56 online via USPS, saved $7 or 11%.

Never knew they discounted like that online.

You can even buy 1000 stamps for $460. That’s a 27% savings.

Info from Amazon, was supposed to be delivered yesterday

OR from USPS
1689253212647.jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-13 053607.jpg

If we could create and enforce a "do not mail" list to eliminate the constant flood of hearing aids, cremations, air conditioning, extended warranty, funerals, pet supplies, optical, dental and other junk mail maybe they could manage better with the actual mail.

Back