Post a favorite animal

I feel that people who hate or harm animals are just plain sadistic and have psychological problems.
I think that's actually one of the diagnostic factors for identifying serial killers. At least that's what the cop show told me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also the wife applied to possibly adopt 2 inseparable pugs that are available for adoption. Ones a senior and the other looks to be a few years old. Cooper and Maverick. Not a top gun fan at all, but you can’t change an old dogs name. Oh well.

Maverick and Cooper are obviously named after Bret Maverick and Marshall Zane Cooper.

8E2748A0-50BD-4AFB-9B3E-7C723385D853.jpeg
6926E022-9717-46A8-9AAA-DB211ECA483D.jpeg

Had to google it. I’m a big James garner fan but never heard of this show. I like the names now. Lol

James Garner played Bret Maverick on the old Maverick tv western series. In 1994 there was a movie version with Mel Gibson as Maverick and James Garner played Cooper. I don't think Cooper was ever a character on the tv show. I'm glad you like the names now.

Above is posted, "Most cats live 16-18 years. 20-21 is still common. 25+ is rare. The record for a house cat is 39 last time I checked."

In high school a fellow's grandma had a 29 year old cat. Ever since then I've noted who'd violently overreact my mentioning of that fact.

"You're wrong" some would explode.

Our cat is 20. I can see the little wretch hanging on another 20 years just to take the record. (he's not really a wretch-he just acts like one to me except when I feed him)

I had a cat when I lived in an apartment where you could not have dogs. When we bought a house we got dogs too. The cat was initially not a big fan but then, over time, began tolerating them more and more to the point where she began “barking” when they did and running to the door when someone knocked. She definitely took on that pack mentality and lived until she was 17. I miss that dog cat.

Guess I better honor Marvin, who recently died at 13, and given my age will probably be my last dog. My stepson picked him up in front of Target and it ticked me off. Wife is dead, got the adopted shiftless stepson out of my house and Marvin became my best buddy. Certainly more enjoyable than the troublesome kid. He weighed in at about 40 pounds and my daughter had his DNA tested. Don't really believe it but they said he was German Shepherd Dog , Rhodesian Ridgeback, Australian Shepherd and Golden
Retriever. Not as tasty as the lobster but unlike the crustacean I was able to teach him to sit.

Marvin.jpg

James Garner played Bret Maverick on the old Maverick tv western series. In 1994 there was a movie version with Mel Gibson as Maverick and James Garner played Cooper. I don't think Cooper was ever a character on the tv show. I'm glad you like the names now.
As I recall screenwriter William Goldman tucked a surprise into that pairing. He often did that in his books and movie scripts.

I keep wanting to get my big black cat to pose in the window on Halloween night, with the light behind him. This year he did it for a moment: Since the weather was cool and I had the window cracked, he sat up there to sniff the breeze. I dashed out with my phone to get a pic -- and the big devil flicked his tail and left the window.

Back