Posi-Lock Electrical Connectors - Who's Used Them?

https://www.posi-products.com/

I've been asked to help make an American-market car (a 2003 Acura TL) compliant with Canadian standards.

The big thing is to install daytime running lights (DRLs). I've bought a DRL module, and have ordered several types of Posi-Lock connectors. They were recommended by a trusted source, and have received good online reviews.

Will post back once I've used them.

Bosch includes them with their universal O2 sensors, they work okay, I got some with another part but don't remember what it was. I usually use these to add something into the system. They work well and look like they "belong".

https://www.posi-products.com/

I've been asked to help make an American-market car (a 2003 Acura TL) compliant with Canadian standards.

The big thing is to install daytime running lights (DRLs). I've bought a DRL module, and have ordered several types of Posi-Lock connectors. They were recommended by a trusted source, and have received good online reviews.

Will post back once I've used them.
Used them, but I always put a little dielectric paste in them if I anticipate any weather exposure, but I am probably paranoid. I imported a vehicle from France and it had them...was a volunteer fire chief's vehicle and they were part of the radio install, aged very well.

Looks like some consumer grade product meant for those who can't use a soldering gun or crimper to make a proper connection. Since when is piercing a wire through the insulation to make a connection a proper way?

Looks like some consumer grade product meant for those who can't use a soldering gun or crimper to make a proper connection. Since when is piercing a wire through the insulation to make a connection a proper way?
Splice, solder, heat shrink-ALWAYS the way to go if you want it to last!

Splice, solder, heat shrink-ALWAYS the way to go if you want it to last!
Working outside here in the winter, I want as simple a solution as possible.

The DRL module came with Scotchlok taps - I want to upgrade to something better.

I've used them for many a dashcam/remote start/auto dimming mirror/12v accessory install

I've also used them out under the hood, where I don't think they belong

That being said, I wrapped them tight with 3M Super 33+, and that was 7 NYC winters ago, those light's still work

Make of that what you will 🤷‍♂️

.... Since when is piercing a wire through the insulation to make a connection a proper way?
I would normally agree. Except for the fact I just replaced a ton of worn out, weather beaten 12 volt outdoor lighting. The only fixtures that were still working were the ones that had the, "use pliers to pierce and connect" terminals. All the fixtures that had been soldered and attached with wire nuts had good bulbs, but no contact.

I replaced all of them with high end, die cast, LED lighting fixtures. And every one of them utilized, "pierce to connect" terminals. Now my backyard looks like Yankee Stadium during the playoffs.

I realize 12 volts isn't 120. But they do seem to work well, considering they are out in the elements 24/7.

Back