Poll: what'd you use in your WS-spec'd AT?

What ATF have you used for your automatic (non hybrid) transmission which calls for Toyota ATF WS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In our family and extended family...'03 Camry, and '04 Sienna have run Maxlife in both their transmissions and power steering for years.

My Tacoma is currently running WS but will probably start to see DAFs with ML in the near future. It already has ML in the power steering.

My daughter's Yaris has run it exclusively for 3 years.

20180126_222004.jpg

Never an issue with it.

I've used Maxlife for nearly 200,000 miles (with changes every ~60,000 miles) without any issues. With the Idemitsu TLS-LV clearance going on at Autozone, I've picked up 11 quarts and will be doing a cooler line flush this weekend. I'll be curious to see how it holds up versus the Maxlife.

coefficient of friction - is very important when it comes to auto transmission, hence the need to use the spec'd fluid. The fluid provides friction for the clutch plates to engage.

Also, back in the day the seal were bit picky, not sure how much of that is a factor now.

As per my signature, Genuine WS is used. It is installed by my Lexus dealership factory certified mechanic. The fluid is at the appropriate temperature range, ensuring the fluid level is correct. I will not deviate from this maintenance plan.

My 13 VW Touareg has a longitudinal Aisin 8speed transmission that calls for VW's version of ATF WS. I ended up using Ravenoil due to having a coupon and the marketing of it being 100% syn and additives for extreme towing and high heat. Can I use Toyota ATF WS? Yes. Would I use it? Yes if I weren't towing.

I think generally works better when you disregard the maintenance manual. I am thinking about using a 0w-50 in
everything I have. Lawnmower, compressor, LS, bicycle chain, garage door rollers, french fry grease, seasoning
cast iron, keeping dust down in driveway, etc. This way I only need to stock one oil.

Sarcasm for those who don't know me. just kidding....

When you guys do a drain and fill do you always use a new washers?
The first time I did a flush, no. FWIW, it didn't seem to matter, but I didn't distort the washer by tightening it to 300 lb/ft, either. For the second (and subsequent) flush, I went ahead and purchased the magnetic plug (P/N 90341-18021) and a bag of aluminum washers (P/N 90430-A0003).

The first time I did a flush, no. FWIW, it didn't seem to matter, but I didn't distort the washer by tightening it to 300 lb/ft, either. For the second (and subsequent) flush, I went ahead and purchased the magnetic plug (P/N 90341-18021) and a bag of aluminum washers (P/N 90430-A0003).

P/N 90341-18021 - What is this plug for? What vehicle?

P/N 90341-18021 - What is this plug for? What vehicle?
I used this to replace the fill plug in a U760E trans which came in ~2010 - 2017 Sienna, Venza, Highlander, RAV4, etc. It replaces the 15/16" or 24mm bolt with a 10mm hex head plus the magnet. The video below shows the difference, but remember you'll need an aluminum washer for an aluminum case.

Back