Polar Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MarkC
Polar bears evolved from Brown bears already, wouldn't be nice to have them devolve.

Evolution doesn't need to conform to human standards of 'nice' or 'mean'. Evolution just IS.

Quote:
Polar bears have increased from a population of 5,000 in 1972 to between 20,000 and 25,000 today.

Quote:
"The numbers of polar bear are good," said Smith, a former conservation officer for the Canadian government.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/climate/globalwarming/2008-03-09-polar-bears_N.htm
From the self serving and "extreme" USA today.
smirk2.gif

Populations couldn't be affected by tighter controls on hunting...I mean "harvesting", could it?
Which brings up the point of wondering what's your point with the polar bears? I never said bear populations are barometers of the global warming you're so desperate to deny.
You're a funny guy, ice melting, and you deny. You offer up 'data' about how faulty the sensors used to measure global temps are, yet when you hear about some cooler temperatures, you're quick to start spewing about a cooling trend.
Why not get a grip? Climate change, as I've said before, results from any of several factors, including C02.

Quote:
Populations couldn't be affected by tighter controls on hunting

Of course it could, and does.
Quote:
I never said bear populations are barometers of the global warming you're so desperate to deny.

I never said that you did. You did however choose to respond to my "self serving" link with your own link.

And there is a movie and an infomercial that does indeed blame GW for the "reduction" and threatening of the polar bear population.

Yep whenever I see Noah Wyle and his WWF spot I have visions of me, a .416 Rigby, and scenes of The Most Dangerous Game.

Were those temps recorded by the "faulty sensors" that Tempest uses in his tirades about global warming?

And since when was PA the entire globe, and when did a month make a longterm trend? Wanna take bets on how hot the summer will be?

The only way to see whether we are having a global warming or not is to have data averaged over a decade, and look at the data of the earth as a whole, not just a few degree below average in a town in PA, or selective statistics provided by a self serving propaganda website or news site without 3rd party proof.

Most scientists agree that there is a global warming, what they disagree on is its impact and whether it is caused by human activities.

A decade is hardly enough to show a trend. It's more like an eye blink. We are talking about issues on a geologic time scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back